These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Multiple Line 6 devices connected to one computer?
by jph47 on 2012-05-19 06:41:13

Can I have more than one Line 6 device connected to the same computer? I have a UX2 and a GuitarPort and POD Farm 2.5. Thanks in advance.

Re: Multiple Line 6 devices connected to one computer?
by silverhead on 2012-05-19 07:15:55

You can have more than one physically connected, but the driver may only recognize one at a time. For instance, I doubt that Pod Farm will recognize both the UX2 and Guitarport during the same session. This is due to the definition of the ASIO interface protocol which requires that the same audio device be used for input and output.

by jph47 on 2012-05-19 07:41:57

Ah - so that seems to explain it. Thanks. I tried once to connect both and the software would only recognize one at a time.

My son and I together own three Line 6 devices (UX1, UX2, and GuitarPort). We wanted to see if we could simultaneously use all three devices with two mics and two guitars and record a session together, but from your answer it seems that we would need three computers, and then we would have three seperate recordings to somehow merge. Probably should have gotten a UX8.

If you have any suggestions, we would appreciate it - and thanks again for your quick reply.

by silverhead on 2012-05-19 14:34:11

To do what you want you will need an audio interface with a sufficient number of inputs. Yes, the UX8 would be great but you don't need a Line 6 device if you have Pod Farm 2.5. Any ASIO interface device will be recognized.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.