These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

How can I store in my computer my customized tones? I have a fbv shortboard mkii
by juani_nastasi on 2012-05-20 10:38:42

I have s Spider Jam and a FBV Shortboard MKII. The thing is that even if the amp has a capacity for 36 customized tones (9 banks with 4 channels per bank) that is not enough for me. I'd love to be able to store my  presets in my computer, so i can select the ones i  want to use depending on the songs i'm gonna play at different events. I know that i cannot conect my spider jam directly to my computer, but i was hoping there was i way to do it through my  FBV Shortboard MKII.
The questions would be:
Is there a way to store in my computer  my customized tones?

If the answer to the previous  one is "yes", then: How exactly can i do it?

In advanced, thank you very much for your time.

Juan Ignacio Nastasi

Re: How can I store in my computer my customized tones? I have a fbv shortboard mkii
by daydreamin7677 on 2012-05-20 18:00:08

Joe, the jam blog guy had a great idea for doing this. Basically what you need to do is record something, probably 15 to 30 seconds worth of audio using whatever tone your wanting to save. Once you've recorded it save it as a WAV file to your SD card. Now upload that recording to your computer and save it. When you want that custome tone again all you need to do is transfer it back to your SD card and upload it into the jam. The amp should recall whatever setting you used for the guitar when you made that recording. I think I got that right, I never tried it but maybe joe will chime in and give some more guidance. Hope this helps.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.