These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Alternate Tuning settings gone!
by daniel_radtke on 2012-05-20 13:12:52

Hi all!

I hope someone can help me.

I recently bought a JTV 59 and as I was playing about, changed the DADGAD setting. I read in the manual how to reset these settings to the manufacturers settings and tryed following it step by step, but still no succsess.

All tunings are just the standard tunings and I don't know what else to do!

Many thanks!
Dan

Re: Alternate Tuning settings gone!
by davidb7170 on 2012-05-20 15:14:45

It sounds like you might not be in the modelling mode, but just the mag pickup mode... The alt tunings only work on the guitar models, not the mags. If this is not the case, you should contact Line6 and set up a help ticket -- they'll help you resolve it....

Dave

Re: Alternate Tuning settings gone!
by davidb7170 on 2012-05-20 17:54:14

A second thought -- If the procedure actually did not work on the alt tunings for the models, one way to get back the default settings would be to re-flash the guitar with whatever firmware you're currently using and don't save your models that you may have set up. Back them up, of course in the Variax Workbench, then you can re-load them after the re-flash. The firmware reload wipes out all of what you have in the guitar and sets everthing back to the factory defaults, including the alt tunings, I believe. I just did the firmware upgrade from 1.81 to 1.82, and saved my special models. The update went fine, took about 20 minutes to complete, so be patient.

Good luck,

Dave

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.