These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.3 Crashes with PodFarm 2.51
by VmusicV on 2012-05-20 15:26:50

Hi,

I am considering.... (OK, barely considering) buying PodFarm as a stand alone effects processor for my violin. I really want a computer based product that lets me have multiple routings (A+B).

Although PodFarm seems pretty easy to use... it is even easier to crash.

Anytime I try to do the dual routing (A+B), or save the existing tone. Anything with the tone or dual tone button - It crashes!!  The windows version doesn't.

I noticed a TON of similar complaints doing a simple google search. Is this thing REALLY usable with a Mac - or was supporting Mac an afterthought?

I changed permissions on the folders to assure they were read/write and not read only.

Frustrated in Fx Land!!

Alex

Re: MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.3 Crashes with PodFarm 2.51
by VmusicV on 2012-05-20 20:28:29

WOW.... from the forums, you can see this problem has been going on almost a year.........and they haven't really corrected it.

I guess that makes it clear the level of Mac Support given by Line 6

by wrobbemondt on 2012-06-04 12:12:04

Hi there,

I have hust called with Line 6 to explain I have the same problem with OS X Lion 10.7.4. The Line 6 representative advised me to Google this problem using key words as OS X 10.7.3. So I found this page. Meanwhile, have you found a solution for the Line 6 software crashing while running these versions of OS X?

by Triryche on 2012-06-04 12:15:47

Just for clarification, are you using the latest drivers?

You can contact tech support directly:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

by wrobbemondt on 2012-06-04 13:28:14

Hi,

Yes, I have installed the latest drivers. All software was installed straight from the Line 6 website. Thanks for the tech support link, but I have already spoken to them on the telephone. They say it's a Mac problem which they cannot fix :-s

by VmusicV on 2012-08-29 17:20:27

To be honest...... I would rather a company not offer a product if it is 1) not quality and 2) not honestly supported, as is obviously the case here. As I stated in my older post - this has been ongoing for over a year.

All I can say is, I'm glad I didn't buy Podfarm........ and then I wonder about their other products

I pray better managed companies come along and raise the bar, so that shiesters like this go out

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.