These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How do you convert a POD patch (.h5e file) to a Spider IV Edit patch (.s4e file)?
by wimalicious on 2012-05-25 02:29:03

I've never worked with a Line 6 POD, but there is a patch that another user has made available for download and I would like to use the settings on my Line 6 Spider IV 75 by opening the patch file in Line 6 Spider IV Edit and saving it to my amp (amazing piece of equipment).

The problem is that Spider Edit does not recognise the .h5e files (that a POD HD500 has generated).

Is there a conversion process available or would one have to figure it out by ear (being inexperienced w.r.t. effects makes the latter tricky for me)?

Many thanks in advance.

Re: How do you convert a POD patch (.h5e file) to a Spider IV Edit patch (.s4e file)?
by killergege on 2012-05-25 03:37:38

There is no way to convert a patch file for a product to another product (event between HD500 and HD300).

The main reason is that they do not provide the same effects / simulations.

But you don't have to do all by ears. The software POD HD500 Edit can be downloaded from the line 6 website without having bought the product and you can then open the file, see how the patch is built and try to match it on Spider Edit.

Re: How do you convert a POD patch (.h5e file) to a Spider IV Edit patch (.s4e file)?
by TheRealZap on 2012-05-25 03:38:38

won't work...

the pod HD's have completely different modeling than the spider 4's

even if the settings transferred the sound would be completely different.

best bet if you're interested in trying is to download hd500 edit and open the tone file....

and try to recreate it yourself in spider edit.

by wimalicious on 2012-05-26 01:41:53

Thanks guys; that makes sense - the various models/effects of the different products precluding one from moving patches/tone files between product lines.

Incentive for me to find my own settings (i.e. be original), I guess.

Cheers

-w-

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.