These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX1 Noise, Can't use 24 bit, Blue-screens
by Weses on 2012-05-27 13:22:46

What the heck is wrong with my UX1? Why is there this clicking/bit-crushing noise? It's pretty noticable with distorted guitar tones, especially with no noise gate. Is it because I can only use 16 bit? I know there's always a bit of hum noise with distorted guitar, but this is chunky clicks and pops. I managed to get it up to 24 bit once after making a few adjustments, and the clicky sounds went away. But that was only once. Several blue-screens later, I'm stumped.

ALSO, when I use the UX1 as an external soundcard output I hear extremely loud distortion noises every time my PC is processing something.

Last bluescreen I think it said LINE6UX164.sys error. I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit. I have all the latest drivers for both the UX1 and Windows 7. What will I do?

Re: UX1 Noise, Can't use 24 bit, Blue-screens
by hulbert on 2012-05-28 00:25:49

Hi,

You may have seen these, but here are some videos with tips to make things work better - to stop pops and clicks etc.

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2085

Also,in the Line 6 audio-midi devices tool, found in my computer under line 6 folder and the tools folder, try moving the sliding bar at the bottom, further to the right and see if that helps. I would first try the things in the videos though, because if you don't have to move this to the right, the better it is. Having it to the left makes the delay time between playing a note and hearing it, smaller.

Hope this helps,

God Bless,

David

by JonRoosevelt on 2012-08-05 07:22:13

I have the exact same problem while I work on windows 7 64 bits.

I'm using Reaper and the 24 bits mode isn't setable. So, the bluescreen appears exactly as you describe.

And the tips video didn't work.

Did it work for you Wesses?

by Weses on 2012-08-12 16:18:59

Nothing worked. I should have returned my UX1 a long time ago.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.