These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

license manager / model packs
by avasubi on 2012-05-30 06:31:10

Hi Guys,

I see that since I was last on there is now a license manager that allows multiple (more than one) computer to be "authorises" to run your products - thank god for that wasn't always the case.

The problem I have is this...

I have two computers - desktop / laptop

I also have

Toneport KB37 and POD XT live

At one point I upgraded the MODEL PACKS (all available packs) for use in Gearbox! and then when I got the POD for guitar use (i use the kb37 as a midi controller with acid pro and Kontakt instruments etc) I did not have access to the model packs...

I posted on the forum here and was told I had to Unassign the model packs from the KB37 and assign them to the POD and repeat this process every time I want to switch units... mmm

Anyhow that was fine...

However now with license manager - considering all products are licensed to ME I should be able to share the wealth so to speak with myself!... especially considering the model packs I purchased were really for gearbox and not for a specific unit...

So how do I get this to happen...

Or do I have to purchase the model packs for KB37 and TONEPORT... which I am hoping has been resolved with license manager?! please help.

Avasubi

Re: license manager / model packs
by TheRealZap on 2012-05-30 07:06:30

just run the license manager and authorize the devices one at a time... up to 4 at once... counting your computer...

you might need to buy the power pack though (if you want access to the kb37), as it was included with the XT and factory included packs are not shareable...

Re: license manager / model packs
by Line6Tony on 2012-06-06 17:44:30

Zap is right. Here is an article that gives you more details on License Management: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2277

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.