These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Relay Digital Wireless

wireless question
by brian_fell on 2012-05-30 14:14:54

looking at wireless systems for my bass, now I use two live, in the future I plan useing my pod hd 500 live so I figer the l6g50 would be the one to use, but I would need a second back pack right?

Re: wireless question
by Kneehow on 2012-06-01 16:01:40

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You currently have two (2) wireless systems- got that part (but you didn't mention what models they were?).

Not sure what you meant by needing a 2nd back pack... and more specifically how that relates to the HD500? Or your current two wireless systems?

I think to answer you, I'd have to see or know your actual setup components, as detailed as possible.

A Relay G50 system = 1 transmitter and 1 receiver. So to have a 2nd back pack (transmitter), this is something I usually see people who want to have 2 different instruments ready to switch between and just use one receiver.

Let me know with more details your current setup. Right now, I'm not clear on that so my answer is going to be not as ideal. Thanks!

by dboomer on 2012-06-02 22:15:35

Generally you would use one system to go from your instrument into the input of the HD500.  You could use additional beltpacks for additional instruments, but you can only use one at a time.

by brian_fell on 2012-06-03 14:27:35

Sorry for the confusion, my bad here, what I was trying to find out was if I go with the g50 will there be any problem going into the hd500? I  use two basses so I would need to purchace another belt pack correct? Now will there be any issues switching between instruments? Anything complicated wiyh the g50 in this respect? It needs to be able to be done fluid and fast. I like the g90 and I read it allows for easy changes, my only problem in making the purchace dicision is using the hd500 on the floor the g50 being on the floor makes the most sence, love the specs of the g90, but not to sure if it makes the most sence for the current set up.

by brian_fell on 2012-06-03 14:30:16

I would be only using one at a time, how much are extra belt packs? How easy is it to switch between instruments? Is this easily done with haveing one receiver (g50)?

by line6jonb on 2012-06-18 13:25:03

Extra wireless packs can be found at the Line 6 store.  Here is a link to the wireless store page.  https://www.globalfulfillment.net/gfsnet/%28S%28yssh24454gh4llbe50wy1245%29%29/line6/10Browse.aspx?cid=261    

The TBP06 belt pack transmitter is there for $139.99, and there are other options as well.  The site says that it is for the G30, however it is universal throughout the G30, G50, G90 line and will work with any of them.  You can set two transmitters to one channel on the receiver, but it may be wise to turn off the 'other' transmitter or turn down that bass's volume, so you don't hear both your basses when you're only playing 1 at a time.  It is pretty easy.  I'm sure if you try it once or twice, you'll know exactly what works for you and what you will need to do at showtime. 

by brian_fell on 2012-06-20 21:21:47

Thanks.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.