These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Flextone III firmware version 1.0 restoration problem
by Tech42 on 2012-06-07 10:39:01

I had a customer bring me his Flextone-III amp for restoration of the original version 1.00 firmware.  The firmware restoration appeared to run smoothly without errors, but now he has notified me that Bank #1 was not restored.  Are there any troubleshooting steps that can be performed, or do we simply have to re-download the version 1.00 firmware file and perform another restoration to his amp?

More details:  He brought a backup CD-ROM that had been made when the upgrade from 1.00 to 1.10 was done.  I tried to restore his original settings from the bundle file on the CD-ROM but received errors that it was not usable.  Next I downloaded the Version 1.00 firmware from the Line-6 website.  I used version 1.50 of Line-6 Monkey to transfer the downloaded firmware 1.00 file to his Flextone-III amp.  I am running a Windows-7 Pro laptop and a Turtle Beach 1.1 USB-to-MIDI adapter to communicate with his amp.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Flextone III firmware version 1.0 restoration problem
by michaedr on 2012-06-08 10:23:13

You might want to try to reset the amp.  Hold the A and D buttons down for 8 seconds while powering up the amp. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.