These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Jam

Some Quick Questions from a potential customer (keyboard/act. bass)
by darmindeflern on 2012-06-07 14:46:39

I don't have a amp at the moment and I was thinking of getting one.  I have both an active bass guitar and several pro level keyboards (I currently go through my mixer to my monitor speakers in studio.  As I was surfing for a bass/keyboard combo I come across this and was very intrested and I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to these questions?

Are the songs royalty free i.e. can use the backing tracks to build my own songs?

Is the 1/4 input a stereo one and if so does anyone know of a dual 1/4 to single stereo 1/4 adaptar?

The blurb says that it can handle bass but does that include an active bass i.e. my washburn status 1000?

The RCA jacks are stereo phono jacks?

If anyone could help me with the above question I would much appreciate it thanks.

Re: Some Quick Questions from a potential customer (keyboard/act. bass)
by Kneehow on 2012-06-07 17:00:43

1. Recorded tracks are royalty free. You could use the backing tracks to build your own songs, if you'd like.

2. 1/4" inputs = mono.

3. It can handle bass frequencies. I'm not sure about the output level on your Washburn Status 1000, though. You might need to watch input levels with the active preamp and keyboard output. I've input a line-level synthesizer signal and had to back off on the output gain of the synth to avoid input circuit clipping.

4. RCA jacks are mono... in that one is a left channel signal and the other is a right channel signal. So, as a whole, they generate a Left and Right output.

Re: Some Quick Questions from a potential customer (keyboard/act. bass)
by darmindeflern on 2012-06-08 01:48:23

Thanks for your replys.

Did you get a stereo input by going in through the cd jack (through a converter?

Output level of my bass guitar is controlable via volume control so I dont see a problem with that.

Once again thanks for the reply's been very helpfull!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.