These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Best pedal to control wah/volume on pod pro HD
by skmachette on 2012-06-08 23:36:32

Hi,

I'm having no luck controlling either wah or volume via an expression pedal over midi. I've checked the forum and am a little confused if this is possible. Would it be better and easier to get the line 6 EXP-1 ? My only concern is there isn't a expression jack input in the back of the HD pro so I'd have to go via my keyboard (axiom 61) which is essentially what I'm trying to do presently.

Would appreciate any advice and or guidance.

Thanks

S

Re: Best pedal to control wah/volume on pod pro HD
by samuelito2011 on 2012-06-09 20:16:51

Hello there!

Actually im using the line 6 EXP-1 with my gear and it works almost properly, wherever i assign to it works really well like wah/vol, etc... however, the main issue that everyone face is when you are editing with hd edit, the software itself make it confuse and change the parameters without you knowing, the thing i do when im editing a patch is to disconnect the cable and connect back the expression pedal and everything come back to normal...

I hope it helps you

im sorry if im not really clear to you but english is not my main language!!!

by phil_m on 2012-06-10 07:17:44

It is possible to control the wah and volume on the HD Pro via MIDI, but you don't do it by controlling those things directly. You have to set those effects up to controlled by the expression pedal controllers EXP-1 or EXP-2. Then once you do that, you can control EXP-1 and EXP-2 via MIDI. The MIDI functionality of the HD Pro is described in the Advanced Guide.

by skmachette on 2012-06-12 01:13:03

Thank you guys for taking the time to reply and advise. I'm going to get the EXP-1 as the yamaha FC-7 doesn't get on with the axiom 61 keyboard. It only sends values from 64 to 127 so when it's assigned to the volume or wah, i don't get the full range. However at least i know it all works which is the main thing!

Thanks again!

S

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.