These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 input no longer working with Lion. Output works, but no input with Garage Band. HALP!
by robbyrharris on 2012-06-12 08:22:29

Last night I came home really jazzed to record a melody that I had in my head all day. I sat down, fired up Garageband on my 2012 iMac, plugged in my guitar as per usual, but something was different. The meter lights on my UX2 were on, it was giving me an audio output, but it wasn't giving me input on my guitar. I love Podfarm, but for quick ideas I just use the amp/fx sim in Garage Band. I went to the prefrences and made sure everything was in order, and I went into the input settings on GB and things seemed normal (input, recording volume, etc). But I got nothing.

Then I closed out GB and opened up Podfarm. Still no input. I tried two different cords and another guitar, still nothing.

Basically the UX2 is giving me audio out, but no input from the guitar line(s), I'd really like to fix this instead of shelling out for a new device. I bought the UX2 about a year and a half ago. If there's anyone out there that can help please let me know! I'm dyin' to record!!

Thanks in advance.

Re: UX2 input no longer working with Lion. Output works, but no input with Garage Band. HALP!
by robbyrharris on 2012-06-12 09:29:55

I also want to add that I have all of the latest software installed. Line 6 Monkey, Licesnce Manager, Podfarm 1 and 2, and Gearbox.

Re: UX2 input no longer working with Lion. Output works, but no input with Garage Band. HALP!
by Triryche on 2012-06-12 12:47:35

Just for clarification, you have the proper inputs selected in POD Farm (Instrument vs Mic)?

And you are selecting Line6 UX2 ASIO as your device in GB?

You can contact Line6 directly with a support ticket.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html">http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html">http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

by robbyrharris on 2012-06-12 12:55:46

Yes. I ran directly from my guitar to the regular (not pad) guitar input. I also went into GB's settings and made sure that the UX2 was the in/out device.

I am going to try the device out with my laptop to further my process of elimination. Thanks for the reply!!

[Edit] And I created a support ticket this morning. Figured it wouldn't hurt to ask here too!

by Triryche on 2012-06-12 13:23:11

In the POD Farm Software you are selecting Instrument from the drop down for source?

This is a stretch, but do you have active pup's with a dead battery?

by robbyrharris on 2012-06-13 08:03:42

In the POD Farm Software you are selecting Instrument from the drop down for source?

Yep, I have tried that in Podfarm as well as GB. In fact, I tried every input and I'm getting nothing!

This is a stretch, but do you have active pup's with a dead battery?

Nope. Playing a Telecaster.

by robbyrharris on 2012-06-16 07:40:51

Well, I repeated the process, went into Podfarm BEFORE opening Garageband and switched the input back and forth from mic to instrument, and this time it worked! I'm so glad I got it to work. Thanks for the help.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.