These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

Nasty clipping on the synths
by faintpariah on 2012-06-16 02:40:36

I have not long had an m13 and think that they are pretty good so far.

The most disappointing thing I have found so far is the quality of the synth patches.

When I play ombré than one note at a time, even just resonant noise from other strings, the synths, eg string synth, just degrades and makes very nasty, digital sounding artefacts.

It happens when I turn the gain down or in any of the stable to hazard settings.

Can anyone suggest any reasons for this or is this 'normal'.

I will be very disappointed if this is what these patches are really like.  I have a digitech ex-7 with includes a synth and it does not do this.  Neither does another synth way pedal I have owned.

Do you guys have any thoughts or advice?

Thanks,

FP

Re: Nasty clipping on the synths
by phil_m on 2012-06-16 07:59:34

The synths are all monophonic, so if you try to play chords or more than one not at a time, you'll hear the sorts of things you're talking about.

I used to have the Digitech EX-7 as well, and the Synth Swell effect that you're talking about on that pedal isn't really a true guitar synth. It's more like a pitch shifted reverb somewhat similar to the Octoverb effect on the M13.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.