These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport UX2, Windows 7 sound delays
by obrienkarl on 2012-06-16 12:28:18

Hello all,

**If there's a thread about this already, apologies for the double post and please direct me to it.

Experiencing delays in sound using UX2 through a Windows 7 laptop; pretty minimal, but significant enough to be annoying.

Getting sound to actually come from my speakers (via UX2) was a chore in itself, so hopefully remedying this will be the final hurdle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Toneport UX2, Windows 7 sound delays
by hulbert on 2012-06-17 07:02:28

Hi,

First thing is a question.

Can you tell me how you are running it? Is it when you play a guitar etc. into the ux2 using pod farm standalone program, or is it the pod farm plugin in a recording programme?

If its in a recording programme and you are using the plugin in the programme, then this will be why you are hearing a delay. What you do is set your recording programme up to record a track (with or without the plugin on - not needed unless you are using it in a special way) and then open up pod farm standalone programme. This will then allow you to play with close to no delay as it runs differently to the plugin which gives a noticable delay.

Then when you finish recording, you can go back to your recording programme and apply the plugin to the recorded track.

If you are not using a recording programme, then the first thing I'd try is open the Line 6 Audio-Midi Devices program (found (on my vista in Line 6 folder in tools folder).

Then see where the sliding thing is set in the bit called 'Tone Direct and usb audio streaming' (this is under the driver tab). Try moving it all the way to the left and apply or ok and close and retry podfarm.

If there is still a problem or if it now pops or clicks, then I would have a look at this page with some videos that give various tweaks to get things working better.

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2085

Hope this helps. If not, just let me know.

God Bless,

David

Re: Toneport UX2, Windows 7 sound delays
by Triryche on 2012-06-18 06:48:53

When you say, "Getting sound to actually come from my speakers (via UX2) was a chore in itself, so hopefully remedying this will be the final hurdle.", my first guess if you are referring to your laptop speakers? If this is the case, you are not configured properly. You need to connect speakers or headphones directly to the UX for proper low latency monitoring.

So if that is the case, and you are getting sound thru your laptop speakers it is likely because you have turned on "monitor" (or some incarnation of monitor) in your DAW. Your latency is from the software.

When you use the UX it becomes your sound card, this is why you need to connect your speakers or headphones directly to the UX.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.