These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Problem with pedal: HD300
by MadYarpen on 2012-06-18 01:02:59

Hi guys, so far I'm loving my HD300, but I have one problem with pedal. First thing is that it moves quite heavily - but it isn't worying itself, and it is not that I can't move it at all. But it may be relevant in this case. Also, pedal button (under toes) is VERY hard to press. I have to stand up to do it, pressing when I'm sitting is possible, but very hard. Surely I can't switch it on the fly.

My biggest problem, however, is that pedal makes squeaky noise while being used. I mean pedal itself, not in my phones. It is like some old door or two pieces of rubber rubbing against each other.

What can be done? I guess it is not normal. Should I loosen some screw? Use some oil? Durex lub probably won't work, eh? Or send it back to a seller?

Re: Problem with pedal: HD300
by silverhead on 2012-06-18 04:20:02

The toe switch is very hard to activate at first; it will loosen up over time. What you are expereincing there is normal.

There is a nut beneath the pedal that you can use to tighten/loosen the operation of the pedal. Sounds like you need to loosen that up a bit to eliminate the squeak and make the pedal move more freely. Just turn the device upside down to see the nut. All you will need is the right wrench.

by MadYarpen on 2012-06-18 04:43:58

there is nothing on the down side - you mean this screw on the right? Which is located let's say on the axis of pedal? Sorry for probably stupid question, but I wouldn't like to loose warranty;)

by silverhead on 2012-06-18 04:49:53

Yes - the screw on the axis of the pedal. You won't void your warranty be adjusting it slightly - that's what it's there for. Just go easy - do not remove it completely - just loosen it a bit.

by MadYarpen on 2012-06-18 05:03:10

Thank you very much. It wasn't easy cause looks like this is screw based not on metric system, but problem solved.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.