These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Flextone I / II / III / Duoverb / HD147

Flextone II Problem - Horrific noise from the second I turn it on.
by donkeymon on 2012-06-23 16:48:52

I have a Flextone II XL which I have been using for several years with no problems. Suddenly, it can do nothing except generate a horrible buzzing noise. The noise is at the full volume of the amp, and happens no matter the settings on any of the dials, including the volume. Even if I set everything to zero, it still happens from about 2 seconds after I turn the power on. Even with no guitar plugged in.  I have tried different power cords and wall outlets with no effect. I suspect the cause may be that this guy kicked the extension cord out of the wall and cut off the power while I was playing. It worked after that for about ten minutes, and then the noise started. Any ideas about what I should do?

Re: Flextone II Problem - Horrific noise from the second I turn it on.
by ogleweed on 2012-07-22 13:39:55

I'm in the same boat.  Nothing but a loud hum with barely audiable input in the distant backgroud.  I've tried the factory reset, no change.  I would think there is an issue with power conditioning or something.  Sounds like a common issue....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.