These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

which pedalpower unit is the best for my needs? will any of them do the job?
by ktaylorm13 on 2012-06-24 05:30:29

Alright guys so i'm in the market for something to give me clean power as i have noticed a good amount of noise in my rig and i'd like to try and cut it down.
i've been looking at the different pedalpower units out there but i'm not sure if there is one that would give me enough power. I don't really have the money to buy two

of those units. so my main question would be is there a pedalpower unit that can handle all of my pedals?
Here is a list of my pedal rig that i'm using live (of the pedals that need power of course, expression and volume omitted):
M13
Pod500

ibanez ts-9

mxr carbon copy

EH freeze
Black arts Pharaoh fuzz
all four of the pedals that aren't line 6 just run off the standard 9

I saw that voodoo labs has a unit that says you can use line 6 modelers along with regular 9v's just fine but can i run two line 6 modelers plus 4 9Vs?

Re: which pedalpower unit is the best for my needs? will any of them do the job?
by phil_m on 2012-06-24 06:51:26

I don't think you'll find anything to power the M13 and HD500 at the same time. Each of those pedals has a large current draw, and the M13 needs 9V AC, while the HD500 needs 9V DC. The Voodoo Lab site is talking about the 4-button stomp pedals such as the DL-4 and MM-4. Those draw much less current and can be run on either AC or DC. If you want to power your individual stomps off isolated power supplies, Voodoo Lab makes a supply called the ISO 5 that would be more than enough. The PP2+ is nice, but it gives you more than you need at the moment. It would give you the "courtesy outlet on the back that you could use to power the M13 or HD500 though (through their own power supplies still).

Re: which pedalpower unit is the best for my needs? will any of them do the job?
by ktaylorm13 on 2012-06-25 05:23:22

so what if i went with something like this instead and just kept my current adapters in place?http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/monster-power-pro-1000-with-clean-power-stage-2-power-outlets

by phil_m on 2012-06-25 06:12:49

You could do that, I suppose. It seems like a bit of overkill to me, though. I don't know how much you actually need to worry about power conditioning, but if you do, getting something smaller like this and plugging a regular power strip into would save you about $100.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.