These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 75 + FBV Shortboard + USB
by MrKaffee on 2012-06-24 12:40:59

hi, is  it possible to control the amp with the FBV shortboard mkII even if the USB is plugged in?

with USB plugged in, my FBV shows the midi command in the display but changes have no effect to the amp.

maybe the mode can be switched and line 6 edit software and FBV can be used concurrently?

further i noticed that shutting down my PC, switches off the floorboard. can that be changed?

Re: Spider IV 75 + FBV Shortboard + USB
by fflbrgst on 2012-06-25 05:17:48

When you have the FBV connected via USB, power is provided to it by USB, bypaassing the power from teh amp and the CAT5 cable.

When connected via USB, you are in 'communications mode' and the FBV is only supplying a path for Spider Edit or Monkey to 'talk' to the amp.

Not sure why you would want to be connected to the computer AND control the amp with the FBV at the same time.

by tneijsel on 2012-10-01 02:32:49

I don't like the answer given here.

I try to connect my laptop as I connect my laptop to my Pod where i instantly can change the loaded tones inside my pod playing my guitar (via the laptop).

I know that with the footboard connected I can change the custom tones. But I really (want) need to change the patches inside my Spider IV directly from my laptop when the MKII is connected.

It is rediculous that you cannot change patches instantly if connected to the computer

There is no why. It is necessary to provide midi thru via the Short board MKII to the Spider. It is weird that this is not possible.

I discussed this with my dealer and they could not understand why it is not possible. The told me that is was possible but were not able to demonstrate it.

Ton den Neijsel

by fflbrgst on 2012-10-02 06:44:40

You are not using MIDI when 'communicating' to the amp from Spider Edit/your computer.  You can select a tone in Spider Edit and 'audition' it in your amp without loading it into a user patch location.  But you cannot select patches in your amp's user memory locations through Spider Edit/your computer - however you could have all of these loaded in Spider Edit and use the tone audition feature to load them into the amp.

by tneijsel on 2012-10-07 03:32:03

Quote "however you could have all of these loaded in Spider Edit and use the tone audition feature to load them into the amp" do you have an easy ecplanation on this?

The reason I am looking for selecting the tones via (midi) my laptop that Y have difficulties in managing the tones via the keys/pedal, sometimes many pushes by selecting and difficulties by reading the patch on de spider and the pedal.

With the laptop it is far more easier. I do the same with the Pod connected to the PC.

The question is still standinding, why is it not possible to patch via midi directly to the spider.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.