These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

iPad Control
by eklynx on 2012-06-26 12:08:47

Looks like you'll have to buy a USB WIFI adapter to control the mixer via iPad.  Will that be available at release or will we have to wait a bit for it to come out?  How much will it cost?

Re: iPad Control
by dboomer on 2012-06-26 22:42:06

Wi-Fi dongles are a common item and available now.  They cost about $25-40. We will post a list of supported units when M20d is released.

by eklynx on 2012-08-03 15:08:20

Awesome.  Thanks for putting that list out!  Any idea when the app will be available for download? (i dont see) one in the app store yrte

by dboomer on 2012-08-07 11:12:14

Officially supported Wi-Fi dongles are: EnGenius EUB-9801 and Linksys AE1000

If I were doing an install of the mixer I would use an external router.  That requires a USB to Ethernet cable and a router of course.  Approved cables are the Apple USB - Ethernet cable and the Trendnet TU2-ET100. Wi-Fi dongles are not very powerful and are subject to interference from other Wi-Fi that may be present.   I would recommend using a router that provides 5Ghz Wi-Fi and switch off the 2.4G internally.  Using an external router also gives you options for locating it better with respect to line of sight or even remote antenna options.

by eklynx on 2012-08-07 12:48:30

Unfortunately the Linksys AE1000 isn't available in stores anymore (though you can find mostly refubished ones real cheap online), and EnGenius is a brand not carried by most walk-in stores.  Are there plans to support the newer AE2500 or other brands soon?

by dboomer on 2012-08-07 15:02:02

The way this works is currently there is only one driver that is supported.  That driver supports a chipset (of which the approved units operate with).  The AE2500 does not use that chipset so it will not work.  We are investigating other drivers with the goal to be able to support other units in the future ... but we don't know just how this will work out for now.

The EnGenius EUB-9801 works significantly better than the Linksys unit that is now discontinued and I would recommend getting that unit if you wish to use a dongle.

A quick google search shows it sold online at Amazon, Fry's, CDW, Best Buy, Comp USA, J&R, Newegg, Tiger Direct, overstock and even Walmart ( although the price can vary a lot)

by rucademoura on 2012-09-04 03:47:57

EnGenius working fine here! No problems till now!! Perfect!!

https://www.solwise-secure.co.uk

you can get one at this site!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.