These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

DT25 HEAD Questions
by geppert on 2012-06-26 13:48:47

Just picked up a PODHD500 and DT25 Head/Cab yesterday.

Exploring and trying things out.

First of all, I have a problem with the DT25 Flash update. Monkey sees the DT25 through Midi. Says Installed Flash memory is "Unknown" and the Latest Flash Memory is 1.00. When I try to "Update Selection" and go through all the motions I get "Update Failed Code 8000000A". So not sure why this is happening? Is there a "hardware reset" proceedure for the DT25?

Second ... Would any of you who have a DT25 head please try this and see if yours is doing the same as mine. No Pod HD, just guitar turned up full into the amp.

SETUP 1 - Low Volume Mode

Amp A = Drive 0 - Bass-Mid-Treble-Presence - all 12 o'clock - Reverb Off - Channel Volume 100% (5 o'clock) - Master Volume 50% (12 o'clock) - Topology 1 - Class A/B - Pentode

Amp B = exactly the same as Amp 1

Play something and switch between Amp A and Amp B should sound exactly the same. Also strum an hold a chord and switch between Amp A and B. Mine sounds the same between both and the switching produces virtually no noise.

SETUP 2 - Low Volume Mode

Amp A - same as Setup 1

Amp B - Drive 100% (5" o'clock) everything else same as set up 1 except channel volume set to approximately 11 o'clock (40%)  to compensate so that Amp A and Amp B are apprximately the same volume. One will be clean one will be distorted.

Now ... Play a chord and let it ring then switch between Amp A and Amp B. I get a HUGE and I mean HUGE THUMP. I can't imagine what that would sound like on high volume. I would even think it might blow the speaker if the amp was really cranked???

Please let me know if any of you find the same thing? I am just trying to confirm that everything is working as it should. I have 30 days to return it if not.

I am also finding that I get a noticeable hum (not huge but noticeable and somewhat annoying) in Triode mode. It is delightfully quiet in Pentode. Any of you find the same?? This happens even when there is nothing plugged in? This is slightly more notceable in Class A mode.

ALSO .... even in Setup 1 when the Master volume travels continuously past 12 o'clock and on up to full, I hear "distinctive clicks" on both A and B setups ??? Anyone else? This happens even when there is nothing plugged in?

These issues seem odd to me for a $1000 amp? PS: I also own a Spider IV-120 and a SV-212 MKII so not a stranger to Line 6.

Thanks in advance ...

Re: DT25 HEAD Questions
by geppert on 2012-06-26 22:26:19

Update:

I've resolved the DT25 Flash update problem. Rebooted the Mac, turned midi interface off/on. Re-boot Monkey.

So Monkey says ....

DT25 Flash version installed 1.00

Monkey Version 1.57

POD HD500 Flash Memory 2.02 (although not relevant as my question is for a guitar plugged directly into the DT25 no Pod).

Drivers 7.1.5

by Liquidmantis on 2012-06-27 15:48:03

I just tested this and I get the thump when switching channels in LVM as well.  It's smooth in normal mode though.

by geppert on 2012-06-27 16:03:24

Liquid Mantis .... thanks ..... PM sent to you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.