These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD Pro expression pedal values
by scottmlandry on 2012-06-27 08:37:03

So I've got the pod hd pro controlled with a liquid foot jr and expression pedal. I can make pc changes no problem but can't seem to figure out how to make a cc change so I can use the expression pedal for wah etc. anyone know thr values to use and any other tips as to how to make it work?

Thanks

Re: Pod HD Pro expression pedal values
by jimsreynolds on 2012-06-27 09:11:32

You cannot control a given parameter (e.g. Wah position) directly with a MIDI cc.  Instead it is a two step process:

1)  Assign an expression pedal to the parameter that you want to control (using HD Edit or the hardware controls). 

2)  Use the Midi CC to control the Expression pedal position.

The same thing applies to turning effects on and off:  you assign a 'footswitch' to the effect and then control the footswitch with a MIDI CC.

You can get a full MIDI breakdown in appendix C of the advanced manual found here but for you ...

cc 001 = Expression Pedal 1

cc 002 = Expression Pedal 2

The value should be between 0 (heel down) to 127 (toe down)

by scottmlandry on 2012-06-27 13:52:03

Thanks.

I get that I make the cc change and assign thr footswitch in that change.

I just didn't know the values. So in the pod, I assign the wah effect to be controlled by expression pedal?

And then make the cc to do the same?

by jimsreynolds on 2012-06-27 21:17:12

scottmlandry wrote:

Thanks.

I get that I make the cc change and assign thr footswitch in that change.

I just didn't know the values. So in the pod, I assign the wah effect to be controlled by expression pedal?

And then make the cc to do the same?

Yep, that is it.  Give it a go.

by scottmlandry on 2012-07-02 09:56:49

Still no luck. When programming the controller, it wants the cc number the pod goes off. For example, the axe fx is 33.

I'm stuck.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.