These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod farm 2 with a line 6 interface
by symbeyond on 2012-06-28 14:19:31

This is my problem,

I have made good sounds and use standard sounds in pod farm 2.5 with a dubbel chain amps and so on....

Wich guitarinterface of line 6 is used to load these sounds in?

I just want to be able to load these sounds into something of line 6 and play with it live!

Please help me out!!

Thanks

Hans

Re: Pod farm 2 with a line 6 interface
by silverhead on 2012-06-28 14:25:54

Pod Farm 2.x is compatible with the Pod XT and/ or X3 series. The X3 is the more recent product. It is now discontinueds but can be found for resale on the used market (e.g. eBay).

For live play you would probably want the Pod X3 Live product.

http://line6.com/legacy/podx3live">http://line6.com/legacy/podx3live">http://line6.com/legacy/podx3live

EDIT: PF is NOT compatible with teh XT series - my mistake. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Also, the X3 is directly compatible with only PF version1. Pod Farm 2.x is not backwards compatible with the X3. In other words, all X3-generated tone files can be loaded into PF2, but tone files generated in Pod Farm 2.x can not be loaded directly into an X3 device. They must be saved in an X3-compatible format (an option when saving PF 2 files) if they are to be loaded into an X3 device.

by symbeyond on 2012-06-29 00:37:38

I now have the pod xt pro, i have made sounds in pod farm 2.5 ( i work with a dubbel chain in pod farm2.5 )

In pod farm 1 you can only work with 1 chain i think.....

When i want to add these sounds to line 6 edit he says this:

The file......could not be loaded because it is either corrupted or in an unsupported format!

So I checked the internet and I came across this discussion:

http://line6.com/supportarchive/thread/47316

At the end there is a link but the page is removed!

I even try to download tones from line 6 with the xt family but the same error keeps comming up!

I want to put the files of pod farm 2.5 that i made in line 6 edit and then on to the FB MKII.

Any help with this?

Thanks in advance...

Hans

by silverhead on 2012-06-29 05:40:04

Sorry, symbeyond. I was incorrect about XT compatibility. See my edited post above.

by symbeyond on 2012-06-29 07:08:17

No problem!

Is there anyone who can help me with this issue?

Sorry but if there is not an interface that i can use with a floorboard and the sounds i made in pod farm 2.5 thats just stupid!

Hans

by silverhead on 2012-06-29 07:14:57

The Pod X3 Live is the closest match there is. Both PF2.x and the X3 use the exact same DSP for amp/FX modeling; the tones sound identical. The only difference in the tones is due to the increased routing flexibility that PF 2.x supports that the X3 does not. For instance, you can place FX in the signal chain using PF2.5 tht can't be replicated in the X3 due to routing constraints. But the vast majority of tones you create in PF2.x can be saved in an X3-compatible format and downloaded into your X3 using Gearbox. If full 100% tone compatibility is important to you, you can simply choose not to use the incompatible features of PF2.x.

by symbeyond on 2012-06-29 11:09:20

Okay so if i understand this right i cannot use the sounds i made with pod farm 2,5 on the pod xt pro!

Only on the pod x3 or the live version with everything in one chain made in pod farm 2,5.

But can i put everything on 1 chain and use it on the xt pro?

If it is possible then I dont know how to do that...

Is there a way for putting this in one chain?

pod farm 2.5.png

by symbeyond on 2012-06-29 11:16:30

Okay just loaded a one chain tone into the line 6 edit and it says:

This tone is not compatible with the pod xt pro!

It would work with the pod X3?

by silverhead on 2012-06-29 11:30:21

Yes - it would work with the Pod X3. It will not work with the Pod XT series (including Pod XT Pro).

With the X3 you need to use Gearbox, not Line 6 Edit. Also, when saving the tone file in Pod Farm 2.5 to your computer, you need to select the X3 device as the 'Target..'  device.

And you can use both signal chains (Tones in X3 terminology) but you can't use more than one type of FX in the same category (STOMP, MOD, DELAY,...) in each Tone.

by symbeyond on 2012-06-29 12:40:49

Okay, most of the sounds i have made seem to work if i save them with the target of X3 in gearbox!

Thanks a lot!

I'm gonna look for the pod X3 PRO!

I have the FB mkII. Any software out to put the sounds on the FB when i have the X3 Pro?

A shame that i can't use tones like these:

wind reverb.png

It is a standard sound in podfarm2.5 and it sounds huge for a clean sound!

This is the second reason that i want to use pod farm 2.5 live!

strange that line 6 doesnt support these sounds to put it in a interface

Any options for this sound?

by symbeyond on 2012-06-29 12:49:55

And i just want you to know that i also have the pod HD Pro!

But the packs that i have with pod farm 2,5 are not on the HD pro..

Its the newest technology of line 6 and i cant use it yet i think?

Thats why i'm searching for a good solution of using pod farm 2,5 live!

Do you know something more of the pod hd pro?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.