These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV 59 Tuning Question
by ChaosNone on 2012-06-29 08:22:39

I just got my new JTV59, and love it!  But I have noticed playing with the tunings, that the more drastic the +/- tuning I go, the more I am hearing harmonies out of just the G and B strings.  Is there some adjustments that I can make with Workbench or is there something else.  I have checked the tuning of the strings themselves and everything is great.  I have not intonated the guitar since receiving it, but wouldn't think this much of an issue with single notes.  Also going to Eb I can't hear the issues, its only on the odd tunings and Baritone that I really hear it.

Line 6 great work on the instrument.

Muf

Re: JTV 59 Tuning Question
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2012-06-29 16:05:21

Just make sure you're not hearing the actual strings resonating with the sound coming from the output.  Even with headphones or loud volume levels, your ears might pick up on the sound coming from the actual strings.  Different frequecies from the strings will resonate differently with the output frequencies, making some more noticeable than others.

The best way to account for this is to record the output from guitar and listen to the recording to hear if those frequencies are still there.

Cheers,

Crusty

Re: JTV 59 Tuning Question
by ChaosNone on 2012-07-19 11:52:35

Its not a dual sound coming from the guitar.  I have tried this both with my HD500 and then plugged straight into my Audio Interface with a standard cable.  What I can determine is that since the tuning issue is more drastic the lower the tunings go, then it should be an intonation issue.  Going through the mags or just playing in standard tuning the intonation does not sound that far off, but I have not checked the intonation on my guitar since I got it.

Let me check the intonation and I will get back to you on it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.