These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Using controller buttons to toggle between different parameter values, not "on/off"
by scottfatcat on 2012-07-05 10:34:19

Ive been searching this forum and the documents from line 6, but can't find any information on this topic.  What I want to do is assign one of the controller pedals to toggle between different values on an amp or fx model.  For example press FS3 to change the amp gain from its preset value to a higher value.  I know you can turn things on and off, but I havn't found a way to just change the value. (aside from the EXP pedal, which I don't want to use for this purpose) I know I could set up different patches with these settings, but I would rather not have to load a whole new patch with it's associated load dropout just to "increase the gain" or whatever.  This seems like a pretty basic feature, I hope that there is a way to do it with the HD500

Thanks!

Re: Using controller buttons to toggle between different parameter values, not "on/off"
by phil_m on 2012-07-05 10:38:03

Aside from the expression pedal, there's no way to do it. The current MIDI control scheme doesn't give access to controlling effects at the parameter level.

Re: Using controller buttons to toggle between different parameter values, not "on/off"
by scottfatcat on 2012-07-05 10:40:20

update, once I posted this, relevant topics came up (in the "More like this" tab )that I didn't find in my initial search.  It seems that this isn't possible in it's current configuration, and I'm not the only one wanting this feature.  If anyone HAS any sort of solution feel free to chime in.

Thanks for your input Phil

by davidb7170 on 2012-07-05 18:18:40

One that would be very nice to have the ability is the Leslie or Fender spinning speaker effect -- has 2 speeds slow and fast. With my X3L when you turn on the Leslie, it starts slow and ramps up to fast -- the classic leslie sound. Now on the HD500 if you kick in the effect, it's already at full speed from the get go. I use my pedal almost exclusively for volume, so if I want to control the fast/slow speed I'd need to get an external expression pedal... yikes. I've tried to set one of the switches to control it, but ran into the wall like you.

Dave

by jimsreynolds on 2012-07-06 00:33:36

Have to admit:  the constraints around assigns on the HD of bug me too.   I have used very specific assigns on other gear and they are very useful indeed.  Not a dealbreaker and generally I can work around my issues, but I do miss them.

Raise a feature request at the 'contact' link below.  I did.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.