These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

How do I record with my PODXT live?
by chaselabauve on 2012-07-05 23:57:59

I was given one of these by my brother and I just cant seem to figure out how to record it into my interface, I plugged it into my interface via 1/4 cable and my guitar into the pod but no results. I did buy another power source from radio shack, it seems to light up and it operates fine, I havent even tried playing it with my amp yet because I am more interested in using it to record guitar with.

Re: How do I record with my PODXT live?
by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-07-06 02:50:42

First off I bet that Radio Shack PSU is AC to DC - the Pod needs AC to AC, so only use the original PSU or one exactly matched to the original's specs as you will damage the Pod (if you haven't already).

Have you tried listening via headphones on the Pod just to confirm you are getting some sound?

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-06 04:23:19

Ark is right.... you might not be playing it for long if you have the wrong power supply... i dont think radio shack would carry a compatible adapter... pretty rare to go AC to AC

your other problem is that your speakers/headphones HAVE to be plugged into the XT... not your pc etc...

by chaselabauve on 2012-08-13 22:06:25

I had my headphones plugged in, and I'm about to just order another power supply and say the hell with it, youre saying I couldnt hear it if my interface was plugged into monitors?

by TheRealZap on 2012-08-14 12:56:38

if you are using the correct line6 asio drivers.... correctly... you have to use the same hardware (pod xt) for your input and you output....

meaning you can plug whatever you want into the pod xt, and it should work correctly from there...

there are ways around this, and they all are horrible and will not give you good results...

if you are doing it any other way, then you'll just have to lower your expectations if you want to meet them.

by Triryche on 2012-08-14 13:24:54

chaselabauve wrote:

I had my headphones plugged in, and I'm about to just order another power supply and say the hell with it, youre saying I couldnt hear it if my interface was plugged into monitors?

Yes, you can plug powered monitors directly into the PODxt analog outs.

by pgaudin on 2012-10-12 22:57:17

I plug the pod xt to a USB port on my desktop using a cabel that is the same you would use on a printer.  The sound of the recording is good and I use Reaper as the editing software.  I have a sample if you want to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niAvK37ckeM

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.