These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD 2.0 Firmware for HD400 & HD300
by valmusic on 2012-07-07 08:19:14

When this update came out, Line6 told, that firmware 2.0 for POD HD400 & 300 comes soon. Well, when it will come?? And what modifications it will include?

Re: POD HD 2.0 Firmware for HD400 & HD300
by snuffels9 on 2012-07-07 09:20:32

Hi valmusic,

there is no official Line6 statement when the POD HD 300/400 will be released, nor what it actually contains. This toppic is all over this board since almost six months, but LIne6 officials completely ignore it. There have been some posts from other users, basicly stating "I know something, but I can't tell you". Taking into account that the initial update release note is 6 months old, I personally think Line6 has already dropped support for 300/400 and I doubt they will ever release any update, but I would like to see LIne6 prooving me wrong.

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-07-07 10:19:56

snuffels9 wrote:

I personally think Line6 has already dropped support for 300/400 and I doubt they will ever release any update, but I would like to see LIne6 prooving me wrong.

Timing is everything...

by tbarr519 on 2012-07-09 11:39:54

The only thing I can add is that Summer NAMM starts this friday! Line6 - please announce updates for the HD400 &300 floor units! I got one of these only to find out the fiasco that has been brewing with the POD 2.0 update...

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-09 12:37:40

"fiasco"

<eye roll>

it's a small selection of additional toys....

and they are nice enough...

just saying it's not like the wait has rendered your pod useless...

geez.

by tbarr519 on 2012-07-09 13:34:23

No it hasn't rendered it useless.
But when a company advertises an update coming soon, and the user on this end anticipates the company to provide said update soon, we all get stir crazy.
The reviews on POD 2.0 are good, the advertisement still says the update is coming to our units... 13 weeks plus and counting!
I've been through this with other companies. HP/Palm!... I've learned not to stay silent!

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-07-09 18:53:02

I first bought the HD300 and after I quickly realized that the HD500 was the primary focus for Line 6 in regards to updates, I sold my 300 and got the HD500. It was very frustrating and I still think just like I thought then, it's not smart marketing whatsoever, because I could have ended up buying something else from a different company all together. Why even call them POD HD 300, 400 etc. Why not even give them a completely different name since the architecture doesn't allow  updating all at once! Why even announce and build expectations if you can't fulfil. Update everything at the same time!

I'm glad I bought the HD500,  and to be honest when I look at where the HD 300 and 400 are still at 1.31 firmware without input impedence, limitation on using effect blocks, no dual path, no MIC input, no spdif (no effect loop for the 300), it seems that the 100 dollars extra that I had to pay to get the 500 is something that most user in this thread would probably pay for if offered through a model pack or paid upgrade, but line 6 is not even giving that option. Sorry for the rant but I sense that the HD 300, 400 are likely to be discontinued because I doubt that more people are still going to buy them considering their staggering shortfalls if compared with the HD500. Still I think that the HD300 and 400 are fantastic sounding units and are capable of fullfuling the needs of most guitarists but this pricing schemes and intentional limitations can only serve one thing, "sell more HD500" and I honestly doubt that line 6 trully intended that, it's a clear marketing error. If it matters to you to get updates, sell you HD300 for 250 and get an HD 500 when they go onsale for $400 and trust me the $150 would be the mother of all updates! Stack overdrives as many as you like, EQs Reverbs, in any combination in series, parrallel, preamp on the left and full amp on the right, reverb only the right or left only etc or different one in the L and R, assign a footswitch to as many effects at once, use one switch to turn on tube screamer as it turns of the Rat Distortion at the same instant. In one patch you can have clean, to crunch to overdrive  to metldown metal + delay + reverb +  two types of modulation and in that one patch  if you turn of the delay or reverb you will have spillover. I say it again, it you care about updates the HD300 or 400 wasn't really intended for you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.