These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 + Logitech Webcam Software Recording
by Cryptomancer on 2012-07-07 16:39:14

Hello,

I have got a Logitech c920 Webcam. It has its recondring software and i can choose either using its mic or any other output including UX2 USB.

When I record a guitar playing along with a playback of a jam track I get only the guitar sound recorded ! I do not want to record the guitar then mix it with a jam track or so.. I would like to record both the playback and the guitar through the UX2 USB at one time.

Regards,

Re: UX2 + Logitech Webcam Software Recording
by Triryche on 2012-07-08 07:15:58

Unfortunately you can not configure the UX2 as an ASIO device and record in this fashion.

How are you playing your backing tracks?

If the recording software you have supports ASIO, I would just import the backing track and then record the guitar to another track.

I know you state this not what you want to do, but would be a proper approach.

by Cryptomancer on 2012-07-08 17:45:35

This means there must be 2 tracks to be recorded one for guitar and one for a backing track and then both of them would be merged to make a video clip using Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas. And of course I must record one of tracks as video clip. That's the approach that I'd like to stay away from.

I think I'm not able to record both the guitar sound and the backing track because I'm making the UX2 as default sound card.

My question is can I use a software that can do a stereo mixer that can receive both the audio output of the UX2 (Guitar) and the audio output of an application like (Windows Media Player) ?

I have heard of a program called "Virtual Audio Cable" http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm  that can do stereo mixing in Windows 7.

I need to know if this is helpful before purchasing it.

Sorry for burdening you.

by Triryche on 2012-07-08 18:34:17

I understand what your are trying to avoid. But having your backing track and guitar on separate tracks is a much more efficient workflow in the long run. And you may not need to record the the backing track, you should be able to just import it.

I can't speak personally for the software you posted, but I would not waste my money on it. You really should use ASIO drivers for recording.

Unless I am missing something in what you are trying to achieve, importing a backing track, and then recording your guitar with video is the same difference as recording in one take?

Only now you have the power of post processing your guitar signal separate from the backing track.

by hulbert on 2012-07-08 22:37:20

Hi,

I am not certain, but if you used pod farm standalone to hear the guitar, and then had an audio recording programme recording the guitar too, while it plays the backing track, you 'might' be able to use something like 'Jack' software to 're-send' the whole audio from the recording programme to your video recording software.

I have Jack installed in my audio recording programme (Zynewave Podium) but have never tested it yet.

As far as I remember, this is what it does, but I remember someone else tried it on here and I don't know if it worked

God Bless,

David

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.