These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 Looper Question
by Thefx191 on 2012-07-12 00:36:10

Hey everyone this is my first post so let me know if theres anything wrong with where I posted this or anything.

So when I record my track I record with distortion and then ill just improv to the chord progression, no problem so far but then ill want to use wah for more fun and it not only affects my improv but it also affects my backing track so how do I avoid this without placing my looper pre or post because I want to keep my distortion.

Im loving my 500 since the day I got it (2 days ago) and this is a great support forum and ive found all my answers except for this,

Thanks you.

Re: HD500 Looper Question
by jimsreynolds on 2012-07-12 02:40:33

If I understand what you are saying...

With the Looper in the 'Post' position, you are recording the effected signal.  If the looper is 'Pre' then you are recording the clean signal from your guitar and playing it back through the effects and amp that you have currently selected.

Therefore, for most jamming purposes, you want the looper to be Post.  In that way, you can record a 'backing track' part into your looper using one preset and then change to another for your lead, without the 'backing track' changing.

Make sense?

by Thefx191 on 2012-07-12 10:42:16

Ya but if I put it post I wont get any distortion and if i put it pre i get distortion but it gets affected by my wah.

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-12 11:01:52

you should hear exactly what you played tone and all... with the looper set to post....

the loop itself should then be completely unaffected by whatever you play next.

by Thefx191 on 2012-07-12 11:32:00

Ok I got it to work I dont know what I was doing wrong but it ok now thanks

by perapera on 2013-01-24 07:15:24

I think you guys using the looper could find this diuscussion of mine helpful:

the Looper could attenuate the recorded signal by 6dB! ...

bye

Lore

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.