These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Making Pod Farm 1.12 louder ? (VST)
by Meljin on 2012-07-13 15:31:40

Hello,

I'm currently recording covers with pod farm and have some troubles ;

When I play over backing tracks, even if I set the backing track @ ~ -18db, the guitars are really really quiet, even if they're double tracked.

Here are my settings in Pod Farm ;

connection throughout USB/recording with Asio plugins

Noise Gate : Threshold @ -85db

Screamer : drive @ 5%, gain & tone @ 50%

Peavey/criminal : drive 30%, bass 60%, middle 40%, treble 23%, presence 70%, volume 100%

EQ : -2.4 @ 1000hz, -2 @ 12000hz

Reverb (guess that isn't really important...)

Reaper

The problem is that the only the peavey could bring me that tone, but he is really quiet when we compare to other high gains, with the same settings

Can't really modify my settings because I highly dislike Criminal's treble, the drive is high enough because of the screamer (giving a smoother distortion).

Is there any way to raise the volume ? I heard that there was a +18db option ?

Currently, I must pull each track to +12db and sometimes use an external compressor to raise the volume :/

(I just thought of using the internal Pod Farm compressor, If I only use the "gain" thing and raise it to +16db, does it keeps the sound's quality ?)

Thanks for the help !

Re: Making Pod Farm 1.12 louder ? (VST)
by Triryche on 2012-07-16 07:05:53

Have you tried adjusting the in and out levels for the POD Farm plug-in?

by Meljin on 2012-07-16 10:05:30

Hello,

the in and out levels are maxed as much as possible.

by Triryche on 2012-07-16 10:11:15

ASIO drivers and VST plug-ins are 2 different things.

Are you recording the dry and then adding the POD Farm plug-in post processing?

Or are you trying to record the wet guitar signal?

by Meljin on 2012-07-16 11:42:24

Here's basically the signal chain :

Guitar => POD X3 => dry through USB => Reaper => VST post-recording

I'm recording the dry and then adding the wet (in case I should tweak the amp settings a bit)

by Triryche on 2012-07-16 13:13:39

This seems strange.

Just for clarification, if you run the Monkey you have green ticks for everything?

Is this something that just started to occur?

If I send the dry from my PODxt to Reaper and then add the plug-in, my levels are virtually identical to monitoring the wet.

I think the +18db option is in the standalone POD Farm (which you can not run with the X3).

I would try a new project in Reaper and without a gate and see if there is a difference (although I doubt it is your gate).

Do you have any other plug-ins on the same chain as PF?

I know it is a PITA, but you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the plug-in. But I think it may be a simple setting that i snot correct.

You might want to open a support ticket.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/">http://line6.com/support/tickets/">http://line6.com/support/tickets/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.