These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Switching from Full to Pre Amp Models in HD500
by drdamski on 2012-07-17 05:47:38

Hi,

I have built a set list of sounds on HD500 using the Full Amp Models.

I now want to copy the whole set list to a new location and switch all of the Full Amp Models to Pre Amp Models for use with DT50 amp over Line 6 Link connection.

I've saved the set list to a new location and renamed it using HD500 Edit software.

However when I change from "Brit J-45 Brt" to "Brit J-45 Brt Pre" all of the volume and tone settings on the amp jump to default settings for that model, losing those that I had previously chosen.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can do this without having to note down all the amp knob settings for 16 different pre-sets?

Thanks for your help!

It may already be possible but if not, it would be nice if Line 6 made a global setting available which switched an entire setlist between Pre and Full amp models.

I can imagine various scenarios where this would be useful, one setting for headphone/studio/practice/tweaking, and one for live/rehearsal with DT Series Amps. If a tube in the DT50 blew I could switch to Full Amp Model mode and go straight into the PA...

My work-around is to save every pre-set twice - one for a "Pre" set list, and one for a "Full" set list but have come up against the issue above.

I also have a DT25 for small gigs & rehearsals and again, it would be nice if there were a switch for which type of DT amp your going into, enabling a quick fix... at the moment it looks like I'll also be tweaking a third copy of each set list for use with the DT25...

Thoughts, ideas, etc. welcome!

Thanks,

Adam.

Re: Switching from Full to Pre Amp Models in HD500
by silverhead on 2012-07-17 06:09:20

drdamski wrote:

However when I change from "Brit J-45 Brt" to "Brit J-45 Brt Pre" all of the volume and tone settings on the amp jump to default settings for that model, losing those that I had previously chosen.

Can anyone suggest a way that I can do this without having to note down all the amp knob settings for 16 different pre-sets?

Unfortunately there is no way to override the default amp/preamp tone stack settings; they are applied whenever a new amp/preamp is selected. I think your note-taking approach may be best in this case.

On the other hand, I am not sure that the same settings you use for the Full amp model will actually sound the same (tone-wise) when you switch to the Preamp model; you may want to do some tweaking (maybe a lot?) to the Full amp settings. I would do the note-taking approach on a couple of presets first as a test. You may decide it's not worth using the exact same settings after all, and that it's just as easy to tweak the default settings as the Full amp settings to get the Preamp tone you want.

Re: Switching from Full to Pre Amp Models in HD500
by Pezza on 2012-07-17 07:17:29

You could just turn the master DEP right down. This should be the same as using the pre only, although in practice it doesn't sound identical. It does mean you don't save on DSP but I rarely have problems with that using a single amp.

Personally I've started to use the full models with the master DEP on 30 - 50%. I don't run my DT25 very loud, so it helps the tubes out!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.