These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Don't worry, be happy; The R&D guys are listening after all
by RipperShred on 2012-07-18 09:10:08

I'm a HD Pro owner, and I'm not bothered one bit by the 300/400 users getting some new amp models first. Mostly because 3 of those models are ones the community's been clamouring over for litterally YEARS; the Soldano SLO100.  I totally get why they got it 1st, and that's because it took like 4 months for them to get their V2 update.

I'm personally very happy for them. Now I think I have more reason to be happy for the 500/bean/Pro users in that their update is a teaser for us, and that when our next update hits it's going to include the other 4 or 5 amp models the community has been begging for since the release of the HD series; the 5150 II, the Mesa/Boogie MkIV and IIC+, and JC120.

I totally think the SLO100 is not only a bonus for the 300/400 users, but an awesome teaser/precursor of much needed, and long awaited HD Model goodness! Rejoice my friends, because I believe they day where we have the essential high gain amps we want and need is nigh.

Re: Don't worry, be happy; The R&D guys are listening after all
by RipperShred on 2012-07-18 09:34:39

And as a side note, I think the box is fantastic as-is. Other than missing the above listed amps, (and a jcm900 and 2000, and maybe a diezel or two) the only thing(s) I personally would like to see are a 3band and 5band EQ where you can pick the frequency of each band, and the band width of each band that you're cutting/boosting.

What's in there already is fantastic, very usable and functional. Granted, the midi functionality is still a little weird, so ironing out how it recieves midi commands and CC messages would be a bonus too. But other than that, great job, and keep up the good work.

by glenneke on 2012-07-18 10:29:00

Line 6 did a good job with the new update for 300/400 users! I have the pod hd (bean) and i'm also not bothered with it, ok we have the cab deps and they have a couple more fantastic amps. The SLO100 was also on my wishlist like many others, so we have something to look forward to.

Thanks line 6!!!

by holeshot1982 on 2012-07-19 04:40:10

I'll admit, I'm jelous! LOL I'd love that Soldano!!!

by MadYarpen on 2012-07-19 07:20:50

Well crunch tones are sweet, I can tell you

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-19 08:32:38

holeshot1982 wrote:

I'll admit, I'm jelous! LOL I'd love that Soldano!!!

sorry to say... but you should be...

just saying that model gets love from just about any style of player...

i think all 3 channels are great...

if i was on a desert island with one amp... this would be it!

sounds like hype...

and tones subjective and all... so others might disagree...

but we have a word for them: WRONG

by jimsreynolds on 2012-07-19 08:53:46

Stop rubbin' it in Zap:  some of us are trying to be gracious here ....

by silverhead on 2012-07-19 08:58:10

Zap don't mean it, really - he's just an incorrigible sh** disturber........

Please continue being gracious...

by phil_m on 2012-07-19 09:03:47

What good would an amp do you on a desert island?

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-19 09:03:53

<a target=new href=http://www.sabinabecker.com/images/lala-kitty.jpg"class="jive-image" src="http://www.sabinabecker.com/images/lala-kitty.jpg"/>

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-19 09:04:55

with a bicycle and a couple of cocunuts... and a professor to pedal on the other side of the island while me ginger and maryann....

oh hey... you're right... who needs an amp!

by meambobbo on 2012-07-19 09:22:15

initial reports are that all 3 SLO models are excellent.  The Plexi I thought was also excellent.  I won't lie - Line 6 development is on a hot streak with the new models and the cab DEP's.

I hope they do indeed venture onto the Mesa/Boogies and 5150, although it's impossible to model all the features of the Mesa Marks - so many push/pull knobs and the EQ adjustments are pre-gain.  Hopefully they make the EQ adjustments pre-gain like the real thing, pull everything, and include a new 5 band graphic EQ that matches up to the Mark's.  I'd also like a more modern bass amp (actually getting a bass soon ).

The Doom model was a surprise - I had heard some complaints that there were no good doom metal models, so it's nice to see they listened to that, even though it's not something that everybody wants.  Not sure about the Epic yet.  Sounds like the Insane model has been reincarnated.  Hopefully that's a one-off and no more original models until we see the real amps we really want.

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-19 09:27:33

meambobbo wrote:

no more original models until we see the real amps we really want.

i have to disagree here...

simply on the basis that i mostly ignore the names and go for a sound i want...

and i know they could mix and match the pre's/poweramps and churn out goodness for my tonal pallet much faster than they can model real amps.

i like the real amps too...

i just like sooner better than later as far as adding toys go...

by RipperShred on 2012-07-19 10:33:07

I'd side with meambobbo on this one. Don't get me wrong, the original stuff is great, but c'mon, gotta get those MkIV &IIC+'s out there, and the 5150II! As for the 5 band on the Mk series, that's why I'm after a general 5band parametric EQ where you can select the frequency, and frequency bandwidth of each frequency. It would be handy for toneshaping EVERY amp, instead of just the Mk series. That way all the amps benifit from some powerful toneshapping before or after the gain stages!

by drid05 on 2012-07-19 10:54:43

Im with Ripper - better EQ and a 5150 and more bass amp models.

by xCaptainx on 2012-07-19 14:18:49

Ripper; can you please clarify the following

"I'm personally very happy for them. Now I think I have more reason to be happy for the 500/bean/Pro users in that their update is a teaser for us, and that when our next update hits it's going to include the other 4 or 5 amp models the community has been begging for since the release of the HD series; the 5150 II, the Mesa/Boogie MkIV and IIC+, and JC120."

Is this your opinion/presumption, or do you have confirmation from Line 6 that these amps are to be included within the next HD500 firmware update? (Don't want to get excited on heresay or rumours!)

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-19 14:22:44

trust me... it's an assumption.... those are 100% wishlist.

by spaceatl on 2012-07-19 14:29:37

Pie-in-the-Sky-34x28in-1978-1.jpg

by jimsreynolds on 2012-07-19 14:43:35

TheRealZap wrote:

Iknow they could mix and match the pre's/poweramps an they can model real amps

Now if they could provide that functionality within the interface ...

Possibly unrealistic to ask for but it would be kind of cool to try matching up say a Plexi pre-stage with an AC30 power stage or similar.

by meambobbo on 2012-07-19 19:49:52

Lol. Have u seen my wish list page?

by RipperShred on 2012-07-20 01:24:51

Ya, it's totally a wish list, but since they're looking at our collective wish list and seeing the same amps over and over again (SLO 100 being one of them, and lo-and-behold we finally have it) It seems logical to me that they're working on the other four or five amps that people have been asking for for two years.

The next pro/500/bean update may very well be just the amps on the 300/400 update and no extras. I'm making the logical leap that if they were working on and completed one of the top five requested models, then it would make sense that they're working on/completed some or all of the other top five requested models.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-07-20 08:29:56

Have you noticed though .... it's not just that we are getting new models, the models are also getting better !!   I am not talking about the choice of amps but about the quality of the models.   the Bogner got improved and the Plexi and Ampeg are great.  Sounds like the SLO is a keeper too.  I am always for quality not quantity and that is what seems to be coming.  In their shoes:  I would not want to release a model now that was substantively weaker than the ones that came before. 

If that means holding back other popular requests until the models are fully optimised then that is just fine with me.

by RipperShred on 2012-07-20 18:48:57

I haven't had the unit long enough, or used the original firmware much to draw any comparisons, so I'll take your word on it. I look forward the new models that are definitely on the way (slo100, etc), keep my fingers crossed for some of those top five to make it, too. And hope for my 5 band parametric EQ to find its way in there, too.

by RipperShred on 2012-07-21 14:18:02

All the wishing aside, anyone have a clue as to when the Pro/500/beans will get the new stuff?

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-21 20:04:12

it has to be soon... the mayans predicted the end of the world in december... and they certainly want to release before that!

by Akeron on 2012-07-22 01:04:39

That's why we've got the "Doom" model. It's the "Doomsday update"...

by RipperShred on 2012-07-22 14:44:00

Well, that'll suck if it really takes 'til christmas. I really hope we get some more Top Five highgain models... Jus' sayin'.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-07-22 15:21:14

My guess it's a week or two.

by RipperShred on 2012-07-27 09:27:41

Why can't people look on thebright side here? I still think when the firmware finally drops, there'll at least be an extra amp or two of the other top 5 high gain requests. You know, probably (no way for me to confirm this, and I could be wrong/wishing/dreaming of course) the slo100, AND the 5150II, and maybe MkIIC+ and/or MkIV.

And we can always hope for a better EQ unit (like my preposed 5 band parametric EQ) when it drops as well.

I'm still of the opinion Don't Worry, Be Happy! I have a feeling good things are on the way.

"All good things come to those who wait." "Patience, grasshoppa." Etc etc.

by spaceatl on 2012-07-27 09:49:13

+1

by RipperShred on 2012-07-28 14:07:05

Sing it!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.