These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500-Different tone for the same preset
by vertigo84 on 2012-07-20 08:25:16

Hello,

With some patches I`ve noticed this problem: when I select the patch via the editor I have a certain tone which is different from the one I get when I go to the same patch via the footswitch (higher/lowe volume, higher/lower gain, etc.)

It seems like some parameters/effects change even if the layout of the effect chain remains the same.

Have you ever experienced somethink like that?

Thanks

A.

Re: POD HD500-Different tone for the same preset
by vertigo84 on 2012-07-21 14:38:02

Apparently I'm the only one with this problem..

by alfmetal70 on 2012-07-21 16:02:16

I had the same problem some month ago, I needed resets all and update again. Now I can listen some differente in some banks with the same presets but nothing important. I think that you can listen that differents with a real amp because if you use the computer don´t happend that.

Are you using a real amp or the computer?

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-07-21 17:24:27

My understanding is that if you are using both the USB editor and the actual HD hardware switches at the same time  is as follows:

IF you select a patche via editor and modifiy it then scroll away from it by whatever method, if you come back to it using the footswitch, you will trigger the patch saved in the HD500 PHysical unit, but if you click on it using the editor, it will send to the HD whatever is in the editors buffer which was modified so the same patch can sound completely different. That's normal behaviour. Now are you sure that the patch was not modified in the editor?  Becuase unless you click the Send Highlighted, the same corresponding patch can be different becuase it's still in the edit buffer.

To confirm this behaviour, select or highlight a patch and click Receive selected. NOw switch and come back to it using the footswitch and it should sound identical.

by vertigo84 on 2012-07-22 01:41:49

Hello,

Thanks for your answers.

@alfmetal. I always use the pod amp simulations. So no real amp. As you said,maybe I should reset the HD.

@DeanDinosaur. I had the same though, but since this problem occurred, I always pay attention to send to the machine all the changements I do in the editor.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.