These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD Pro won't output S/PDIF
by Flemmigan on 2012-07-22 13:07:56

Hey all.

Got my HD Pro hooked up through an M-Audio FW410. Two XLR analogs working fine into the interface, but I have an S/PDIF connection from the HD Pro out to the FW410 in. I'm getting nothing from it. The software mixer shows absolutely zero S/PDIF signal coming in, but analog is fine.

My signal is setup like so on the Digital Output setup page on the HD Pro:

1) Digital output: Dry inputs

2) Sample rate: 44.1 Khz (FW410 is matching)

3) Digital level: 0 dB (changing makes no difference)

4) Digital format: S/PDIF

I've tried two different S/PDIF cables which has made no difference.

I've actually also tried two different FW410's, so that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Unless there's something I'm missing, it would seem the problem is the S/PDIF out on the HD Pro... I sincerely hope that isn't the case, as returning it will be a pain in the ass, but I've run out of things to try. Any other ideas, any steps I'm missing?

Thanks,

Jacob

Re: HD Pro won't output S/PDIF
by DeanDinosaur on 2012-07-22 15:19:55

My guess is that it's a setting in your M-Audio SPDIF options. Look for some option to do with coax because it might have optical also. 2nd Try setting the sync to EXternal so if follows the POD HD.

by Flemmigan on 2012-07-22 15:45:26

Well there ya go... I switched to external sync and that did the trick. (I already had the mixer set to coax.) Thanks very much!

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-07-22 18:08:20

You're quite welcome!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.