These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

How can i save my bundles Pod X3 Pro without the gear box ???
by grouti on 2012-07-23 11:26:29

Hello,

I'm reinstalling my computer and i want to install the gear box (which you discoutinued the support)

Please explain me how to replace the gear box, which software replaced it ? With which software can i save my bundles.

And the Line6 Monkey doesnt work... it tells that there's a communication error (Code 80000000).

The Line 6 is a very important part of my live setup and it's pretty stressful to see that the product i work with is pretty much no longer supported.

I tried to install the gear box on my Mac Pro quad 2.66, Osx 10.6.7 and it screwed up all the clean and brand new installation.

I have to reinstall properly all my audio system pretty quickly, i have clients in my recording studios. And i'm stuck for three days because of that.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Chris

Re: How can i save my bundles Pod X3 Pro without the gear box ???
by TheRealZap on 2012-07-23 11:33:14

gearbox is still 100% supported... download gearbox....

gearbox PLUGIN is the only aspect of gearbox that is no longer supported... it was replaced by pod farm.

by grouti on 2012-07-23 17:16:47

Ok thanks ! I finally found where to download Gear Box.

And do you know why Line6 Monkey can't communicate with the Pod X3 Pro. It see it but on the left side of the window (just below the device pic) it says it can't communicate with the Pod and in the 'Help and info'  frame it says Error 80000000

Do you have any idea why it does that ?

Thanks

Chris

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-23 18:09:37

it needs the drivers installed to communicate... get monkey from here: http://line6.com/software/

monkey">http://line6.com/software/">http://line6.com/software/

monkeywill help you get all the software and drivers that you need...

you can also get the drivers first from that link as i tend to do...

everything goes easier if monkey sees your device first.

by grouti on 2012-07-23 19:00:41

Ok, thanks a lot !

Ch.

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-23 19:12:14

also think you might want to try different USB ports... i think code 8000xx happens when you are using a usb hub (not supported) but it may happen for other reasons as well... installing the driver is a solid first step though.

by grouti on 2012-07-24 10:01:48

It finally works ! Whew...

Just a question about the Flash Memory : Can i update it without a probelm ? I heard that it could change some presets in the Pod X3 (User Presets) when it is updated ?! Is it true ?

Thank you so much for your help

Chris

by Samurai_Guitar on 2012-07-24 12:37:53

Ive never encountered any changes in my patches when Ive updated the Flash Memory.

However its a good practice to back up your patches with the help of Monkey and then update your driver

Regards

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-24 14:46:01

the answer depends entirely on which version you are one now... because some changes happen over time...

the good news is, you can always backup your bundle and downgrade if you have to have the older tones...

personally... i'd stick with the upgrade and make it work... but it's your tone

by grouti on 2012-07-29 04:26:06

Sorry for the delay, i had some computer hardware problems.

ok, thanks you guys for the info, i appreciate.

Regards

Chris

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.