These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Xt Live to change presets on M5?
by Steeeeve on 2012-07-27 12:32:35

Hi! 

(first time poster, long time lurker)

I've just picked up the M5 to go along with my Variax and xt live.  What I'd like to know is if the xt live can change presets on the M5 on a per xt live patch basis with midi.  IF it can do that, how do I get it happen?

I'm a complete newb when it comes to midi.  I've already connected them up with a midi cable and have the m5 listening to the xt live.

Thanks!

Steve.

Re: Xt Live to change presets on M5?
by TheRealZap on 2012-07-27 12:34:42

the m5 chaged just fine when i used it in the loop of the hd500

get a couple of midi cables and check it out.... was super easy... just resaved the patch after i chose the preset on the m5.

the hd500 has more programability as far as midi goes so it may not work the same... but probably worth a try.

by Steeeeve on 2012-07-27 12:37:46

So all I need to do is set up a patch on my m5, re-save my xt live patch and I'm good to go?

by TheRealZap on 2012-07-30 06:36:47

that's all i need to do with the HD500... cant confirm or deny the xt...

(and of course the midi needs to be connected for that to work on the HD's)

by Steeeeve on 2012-07-30 20:08:35

Well I can confirm now that with the XT Live, doing a re-save with one midi cable connected does NOT work to change the patch on the M5.  Is having two midi cables connected going to change anything?

Any one out there with MIDI experience with the XT Live?

by Steeeeve on 2013-01-11 16:44:18

So I managed to answer my own question!  I was watching a youtube video and they mentioned patch 1A lines up with patch 1A on another device.  So I had everything set up last night and checked out those patches on my XT Live.  Low and behold, the patches on my M5 changed.  Feeling a little dumb, but I'm glad I got it figured out.  IT WORKS!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.