These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD500 Problem: Pitch Glide Freaks Out During Arpeggios
by JACK90 on 2012-07-28 15:42:19

Hi I've got this very annoying problem with the Pitch Glide Whammy simulation since I've updated my unit with the latest 2.0 firmwire:

When I play single notes it's all right and perfect, but when I play arpeggios the effects freaks out and goes completely out of pitch!

When I first purchased it some months ago with the older firmware before the update I didn't have this problem!

Someone else had experienced this issue? Or is just my unit that went nuts?

Re: Pod HD500 Problem: Pitch Glide Freaks Out During Arpeggios
by phil_m on 2012-07-28 15:49:27

The Pitch Glide effect has never been polyphonic, so I don't know why you're noticing a difference now than before. Have you changed it's location in the signal chain or are there other things have changed?

by Astaroth_CY on 2012-07-28 19:56:32

I think the real question is: what are the best settings for monophonic effects (like pitch glide and synth strings)? E.g. should a noise or a hard gate be used, should the sound be compressed before it hits the effect in question etc.? Paging meambobbo I guess?

by JACK90 on 2012-07-29 14:13:59

No I've always put it in front of everything (for example Pitch Glide > Distortion Unit > Delay > Amp). If you say that it has always been monophonic maybe I don't remember very well... Thank you for clarifying that to me.

by phil_m on 2012-07-30 07:21:45

I actually think it would probably track a little better and sound more natural if you put it after your distortion.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.