These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Spider Valve MkII HD100 keeps blowing fuses
by generalgrog on 2012-07-29 06:50:54

I purchased the head in February. This will be the 2nd time I have to take this head into the shop. The basic problem it will be working fine than all of a sudden during play, the digitial display will still be lit up, but the tubes will lose power. so something internally is blowing the fuse to protect the tubes (I'm assuming). Is this a known problem on these amps? Generally the amp only gets used once or twice a week, when I play in church. Never had problems like this on my marshall, and am getting very disgruntled with line-6.

I work a full time job 50+ hours a week I don't have time to keep taking this head into have it's intrnal fuse replaced. What can I suggest to the repair shop to fix this once and for all.

Thanks for any help.

GG

Re: Spider Valve MkII HD100 keeps blowing fuses
by joemarshalljmp01 on 2012-07-29 08:52:18

The main things that would concern me with any kind of blowing fuses are, incorrect bias, incorrect Ohms match of head and cab, bad or wrong speaker cable, tube age, or unmatched tubes. The tech you took it to the first time should be a liscensed line 6 repair shop or a at least a credable tube amp repair shop, and they should have checked those things out, If in fact all those things were addressed, the problem could be on the board itself.

Re: Spider Valve MkII HD100 keeps blowing fuses
by kennedy5414 on 2013-02-08 13:23:38

I just had a similar problem after only 4 months of ownership and less than 20 hrs of use.  Quick searches on google show that we are not alone with this issue.  Kind of scary.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.