These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

DT50 Head - No Sound!
by cBroadbo on 2012-07-29 10:48:47

Hi All,

I have a DT50 head which I connect to an HD500.  This has been working very well for close to one year.  The other day I went to power up and no sound was coming out of the head (via 8 ohm jack).  The power light comes on and I hear all the clicking of the various relays as it powers up.  I've checked all the obvious things (cables, etc.) with no luck.  I checked the fuse on the back of the head and it is fine.  I took the back panel off the head and found that even though the amp is on the tubes are not heating up and are cool to the touch.

Is there something else I should check before taking it into a service center?

Thanks,

Craig

Re: DT50 Head - No Sound!
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2012-07-30 02:33:15

If none of the valve heaters are working it's going to be an issue with the power transformer.  If it were only one or two of the valves then it might just be dead valves.  I'd say book it in for service.

Cheers,

Crusty

Re: DT50 Head - No Sound!
by spikey on 2012-08-02 07:56:56

Agree with Crusty here. If you dont see any filament glow, or there is no B+ to the anodes then its a power supply issue and needs to be sent in for service.

I might add that the voltages (and current) involved on the B+ and B++ sides of the PS are indeed deadly,  and may kill you if touched... fyi...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.