These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-59 tuning selected by HD500
by TheLonz on 2012-07-29 12:17:17

I've figured out how to force select a specific model on the JTV-59. Can alternate tunings be selected as well? If so, how?

Thanks

Re: JTV-59 tuning selected by HD500
by Leftzilla on 2012-07-30 08:07:21

Make sure the input is set to JTV Variax and then the modified tuning option will be selectable.  If doing this in HD Edit open the controllers or mixer interface windows and that should give the access you want.

by TheLonz on 2012-08-04 19:13:44

I noticed that and two days agao that worked great. Today is different. Line 6 Monkey woudn't recognize the HD500 and said a firmware update was required. I did the update to version 2.02 and now the option to tune the strings is no longer available. I play with quite a few different tunings and this option no longer being available is very frustrating. HELP!!

by davidb7170 on 2012-08-05 17:59:27

Remember to choose the JTV Variax instead of the regular Variax's on the HD500 Edit program -- the HD500 will control the tuning on the JTV's but not possible with the 1st Generation Variax's. It's on the mixer page right next to the contol of forcing (or not) the guitar model, and tuning section. Anyway check that first, to make sure the proper settings are made. Just a thought.

Dave

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.