These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 vs. Strymon Timeline Tape Delay Comparison Video
by spakuloid on 2012-07-29 19:56:19

I made this video - it is very long an boring - but if you were wondering if the M9 can keep up with the Strymon Timeline's Tape delay - well here is your answer. Enjoy!

Re: M9 vs. Strymon Timeline Tape Delay Comparison Video
by phil_m on 2012-07-30 08:22:43

I have both the M13 and the Timeline on my pedalboard at the moment. I think that they both are good at different things. Where the Timeline really excels is when you want to do some really long tails. The adjustable bias on the tape model allows you to create infinite repeats that don't overwhelm what you're playing over top of them. That's something I can't really do on the M13. On the M13, however, I can put up to four different delays in series and sync them all together. There's no way to do anything like that on the Timeline. I think they both are just different. If I had to choose one, I'd probably stick with the M13. That's really my goto for most of my delays still. I use the Timeline for the more complicated stuff.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.