These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 15 amp makes a constant sputtering/farting noise on all channels
by khreed on 2012-08-02 17:32:50

Hello,

Help please!  My spider IV 15 makes a constant sputtering/farting noise on all channels and I have tried everything in the pilots guide (turning things on and off) but nothing works.  What could be the problem with it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kenny Havoc

Re: Spider IV 15 amp makes a constant sputtering/farting noise on all channels
by fflbrgst on 2012-08-03 06:44:36

Is it new or still under warranty?

You can try a 'factory reset' - hold the 'Clean' button in while turning on the power and hold for 5-8 seconds.

by khreed on 2012-08-03 12:04:45

NO warranty,

I tried the factory reset and no difference, still sounds like a sputtering moped.

by fflbrgst on 2012-08-06 05:17:05

The only thing I can suggest now is after turning on the amp and selecting a channel turn all controls down to '0'.  Obviously with the volume down all the way there should be no sound.  Turn the volume up - is the sputtering sound there?  If so, its something in the amplifier section.  If not, then adjust hte various tone and FX knobs and determine when the sound starts.

The Spider 15 is not field servicable - they are so inexpensive that it costs more to service them than they are worth.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.