These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

You have reached your limit of "ACTIVE" authorizations... only 2?!
by Burninass on 2012-08-05 03:24:46

Hey there,

I bought the line6 GX a few months ago together with ableton live lite 7 and riff works 4.

I actually used only one computer for most of the time, but then a virus appeared and I had to format this computer and sold it afterwards.

But still, I checked the line6 support pages for information on the authorizations and found a thread in which a "line6 Expert" stated that you wouldn´t have to deauthorize your computer before formatting. And even if I tried to deauthorize it, it wouldn´t have been possible because of the virus that blocked the computer.

Later I installed the amp modelling software on 3 more computers and authorized them. One of them was formatted without deauthorizing the computer because I thought a line6 Expert was a reliable source.

So now there are only 2 "active" authorized computers with which I use my line6 device and they work just fine, but they´re both not where I live at.

That means I tried installing the amp modelling software on my new computer at home and when I get to authorize my computer I get the message that I already reached my number of "active" authorizations.

Well, there are only 2 "active" authorized computers and the other authorizations can´t be undone because the hard-drive was formatted.

So what can I do about that?

Don´t tell me to deauthorize the "active" computers, because I need them for rehearsals and as a line6 customer I was never informed that there is a limit of authorizable computers plus I read wrong information by a "line 6 Expert" (who is supposed to be a reliable source, I guess) on the support forum.

Cheers

Re: You have reached your limit of "ACTIVE" authorizations... only 2?!
by Burninass on 2012-08-05 03:45:28

Okey guys, forget it. I finally found the possibility to deauthorize the computers with the formatted HD.

But due to the fact that I use the website for the first time and that there is no info anywhere (not even in the frickin´ FAQ) that you can deauthorize your devices on your account page, it was a confusing journey.

I think this should defenitely be part of the FAQ! That would have safed me plenty of time!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.