These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

How care about UX2 ???
by kilnik1 on 2012-08-06 09:10:12

Hi , i am Patrick and i just wanted ask you ..i bought ux2 a five hours ago and it cant was working but i watch some videos on Youtube and finally it works and i just wanted how i disconect this ux2 so i do not ´´hurt´´ .... do you think that ux2 will be working when i turn off the PC and turn on it will be work ? i am just 12 ....ask me please 

Re: How care about UX2 ???
by hulbert on 2012-08-06 20:57:07

Hi Patrick,

That is good that you have got your UX2 working now. I think the UX2 is ok to keep connected when turning your computer power off. The UX2 should be ok. I think the power stops going to the UX2 when the computer is switched off.

I personally unplug the USB cable everyday. I do this because I share the computer with someone else and they need to use the computer's soundcard. I think that after a period of time, the cable plug and the UX2's socket might get 'worn out', so if it is possible, I would either leave the UX2 connected, or I would unplug the USB cable from the computer USB socket and not from the UX2. I do not do this because it is very hard for me to get to the back of my computer. I just disconnect the USB cable from the UX2. In the future I might move the computer a bit so I can get to the back easier.

The UX2 pdf files sayst that you should turn off your speakers or monitoring/listening system, before you connect and disconnect the UX2. It also says that you should turn off your speakers or monitoring/listening system, before you turn on you computer and before you turn your computer off.

I do not think the pdf files say anything about whether you should keep the UX2 connected or if you should disconnect it. I think it is ok to leave it connected. This is like leaving the USB cable of a printer etc. to the computer. I think it should be ok.

Have fun with your UX2 and God Bless,

David

by kilnik1 on 2012-08-07 12:20:30

thanks man do you have own ux2 ??? so you leave that in usb and still connect(dont put it from usb ) ? beacuse i dont like when that lights shine i am worried that interface wont be working about month later .....

thank you for reply God bless you too

by hulbert on 2012-08-07 21:05:00

Hi,

Yes, I have a UX2. If I leave the UX2 connected, while the computer is still working, then the lights stay lit. If I turn the computer off, then the lights on the UX2 turn off. Does this happen with your ux2?

I unplug (disconnect) my UX2 every day.

If you are turning the computer off, then the UX2 will stop. I think it will be good and not hurt the UX2.

If you do not want to have the UX2 working all of the time that the computer is on, then you might want to disconnect it.

If you want to use it for youtube and other things, then I would keep it always connected and just turn the computer off when you are finished using the computer.

I have a music keyboard, and I often keep it connected to the computer. It is connected by a USB cable too.

Here are the things you can do:

1.You can disconnect the usb cable from the UX2 every day. (Over time it might get damaged)

or

2.You can disconnect the USB cable from the computer (this means that the cable is still connected to the UX2 but disconnected from the computer. This will stop your UX2 getting hurt.)

or

3.You can keep the cable connected, but if you keep the computer working, the lights will stay shining. When you turn the computer off, the lights on the UX2 will stop and not shine.

or

4.You can buy a USB hub or possibly a USB cable with a switch to turn the power on and off, but Line 6 recommend not using USB hubs with the UX2 because it can slow down the signal going to and from the computer.

I would keep the UX2 connected and just turn the computer off when you are finished. If you are not using the UX2 when you are using your computer, I would disconnect it.

I am sorry it sounds hard to understand. Let me know if you would like some more help.

God Bless,

David

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.