These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

patch sounds shut for a second when changing using POD HD and FBV SB MK2
by aeon20 on 2012-08-09 00:20:18

Hi All! Ariba! Ariba!

Anyway, Just want to ask if there is something I missed on my gear Pod HD and FBV SB MK2. Because everytime I'm using a certain patch and I want to jump/change that patch into another patch (from A1 to A2), the sounds always shut for about a second 1-2 sec/ more or less. It's kinda you could hear that the sounds always stop when cahnging a patch. when you are playing a song from verse (clean sound patch) then you will change the patch to chorus (distorted) using distorted patch. You could certainly catch a goat before you get into clean to distorted or patch A1 to patch A2.

What can I do about this?

Thanks

Re: patch sounds shut for a second when changing using POD HD and FBV SB MK2
by phil_m on 2012-08-09 06:09:24

There shouldn't be that big of a gap under normal operation. Any chance you have the POD connected to your computer and have HD Edit running while changing patches. This will often cause the kind of gaps you're describing.

by shorehamsound on 2012-08-09 11:09:11

Even without a computer attached (i.e. the HD500 stand alone), footswitching through patches does produce a slight 'pause' or 'hiccup', from my experience.  To the tune of 1/2 second, but enough to notice.  You won't get the 'pause' if you switch on/off elements inside a given patch though.  Would be nice for a future firmware release to see if they can get that 'pause' minimized or removed ... especially if the same amplifier & cabinet are being used between patches, maybe a memory 'cache' could be used to only rebuild the portions of the patch that are new instead of loading up the entire patch when its switched in?

by aeon20 on 2012-08-09 14:16:54

SHorehamsound is right. Even I disconnected my pod to my computer, "hiccup" sound still in there. Even an half of second it is, still ....recognizable. I've read other forums. It is still thesame problem even in the x3's.hope it could be fix on next firmware update

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.