These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Problem with the dual amp - POD HD500
by cenerentola on 2012-08-11 05:52:28

Dear line6 users,

i am a proud owner of a pod hd500, i just have one problem:

when i try to use 2 amp simultaneously, i just hear the signal through one amp only, either it'd be on the left, right or both speaker (using the pod mixer).

I don't know if i am doing something wrong... i tried many many times and different ways (type of amp, connections, mixer...).

Actually if i use a preset with the double amp, it works, but for some reason when i modify it following my needs it stops working.

I just hear the amp A. Never amp B.

I hope it is clear.

Please, help me!

Rock 'n' Roll

d

Re: Problem with the dual amp - POD HD500
by Crusty_Old_Rocker on 2012-08-11 06:47:16

You need to look at the effects you are placing after the amps and the mixer settings.  Effects placed after the amps can sum both amps before applying the effect.  Also check the panning settings in the mixer that's in the signal chain.

Cheers,

Crusty

by cenerentola on 2012-08-11 09:47:01

thank you!

i tried any pannning combination with no positive result. I always hear the path A, no matter where do i pan the signal.

I actually hear the two amps in the same path (A or B), switching on/off button of the single amps. But i did not have any effects, neither on, either selected, because i was trying only the amps to figure the problem out.

Could i make any mistake when i split the 2 amps? meaning when i literally grab the amp icon and move it down to double the line?

And why when i start using a preset with the dual amps, i hear the 2 different amps and suddently for some reason when i remove the effects to tweak my own sound i still hear the amp A only?

i am pod-dummy...

: (

D

by phil_m on 2012-08-11 10:31:08

If you have a dual amp tone with no effects (or true stereo effect like a volume pedal or wah, for example) before the split point, you need to make sure you have the input for Tone B set to "same". Otherwise, there will be no signal going to the amp in path B.

by cenerentola on 2012-08-11 10:46:05

thank you guys!

you are amazing!

now it works perfectly! i changed it using that one produced less noise!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.