These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 with an On Board Effects Loop?
by mrmix on 2012-08-15 11:02:15

Hey folks - hoping for an answer here as I keep coming up blank! I'm in the process of updating the electronics in my giutar to incude a Unity Gain buffer and an On Board Effects Loop (basically ann effects loop within the guitar before the volume pot). Is it at all possible to set up a Dual Tone chain, putting all effects into a single path A (no amp) and as effects signal is routed back to my guitar using the OBEL, routing the signal from my guitar (using the OBEL) to the aux input down path B which contains the Amp/cab model?

Re: HD500 with an On Board Effects Loop?
by spaceatl on 2012-08-15 11:27:31

Yes, you can...That's called serializing the paths...

I have actually serialized paths A and B on an HD Bean to run 4CM with an amplifier where I would have patches with FX in front of the amp on path A and post on B...It is a VERY tweaky setup to run it that way, but it can work...It was more of an acedemic exercise for me as it is just too tweaky to keep the levels in check...too many cables...

by mrmix on 2012-08-17 13:37:14

OK that's helpful and will be trying it out. Was also wondering if the second input - istnead of going into aux - would be better served by placing the HD500 fx loop after my effcts and then using the return feed as my second input - something like this:

Guitar TRS output for OBEL>Input 1>effects chain>FX loop - -

Guitar mono output >FX loop return >amp/cab

Thanks!

by jimsreynolds on 2012-08-17 15:53:39

Why would you want to run FX before the guitar volume pot and what FX would you run?  I am sure there is a great reason but I don't know what it is.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.