These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: StageScape M20d Mixer Community Support

Wish list for future firmware releases
by avagabund on 2012-08-15 23:28:30

here my wishes for any future function enhancements on the M20d:

- USB / SD-Card file dialog for Delete / Rename / Format (like on digital camera)

- Record Master L&R to MP3 - for listening to some scenes of the gig on the way home in the car

- Access to file system over WiFi

- Integrate Driver for some micro USB-WiFi dongle as Belkin N150 Micro Wireless adapter

Re: Wish list for future firmware releases
by Ruben40 on 2012-08-16 01:06:10

here are my wishes

- at stereo channels the pan control should be optimized so that I can narrow the stereo position .

That means it should work the same way as I have two separate mono channels.

that means two seperate controls for left and right

- enhance dsp possibility also at line channels (channel 13-16)

by eklynx on 2012-08-16 10:13:41

My biggest wish, an expander pack plugged in to the L6 link giving another 8-16 inputs and 3-6 sends.  (have it doubling the current input/output block is ideal, but only if it adds only one additional row of inputs/outputs, it would be a great plus.)

by avagabund on 2012-08-19 23:23:12

Additional options in scene recal: question, if master and monitor level shoud be restored as well when you press the recall function.

by antonioctd on 2012-08-24 09:10:27

A preset for guitar with a simple CAB simulation. So that I can take a line out of a tube guitar amp a simulate only the cab in the M20d.

This would reduce the amount of Mics to carry around...    

by Davemwilkinson on 2012-08-28 04:39:29

Hi all, I have done 3 gigs so far with the stagescape, and have 3 problems that with a software up date would make the desk perfect in my eyes.

1. I am not enjoying using the hardware encoders. When I have used faders on my old desks the same amount of movement on the fade is always constant, but on the encoders when I adjust the knobs it's hit and miss as to the amount of gain I am adding. This is a big problem if I am DJing between sets and I want to dip a track to talk over, a quick change on the knobs give a different result every time. ( does anybody else have this problem? Or am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting to adjust sensitivity )

2 it would be nice to change the contrast, color or size of the arrows above the channel names that indicate where the volume/ fx / gain is. On a stage and at arms length it a bit difficult for me to see at a  quick glance how much volume is applied to a channel ( again with fades at quick glance I can see every body's level)

3 no so important but as its easy to do a work around, but maybe like iTunes when using the media player it would be nice to have an auto stop at the end of each track. If there was a basic cross fade as a setting between tracks in the play list that would also be great.

I hope nobody thinks I am moaning! I am really starting to love the desk but a couple of times during gigs when I have quickly adjusted a vocal and over shot then under shot my target, has made me wondering if I made the right choice of mixer for our needs.

by avagabund on 2012-08-29 21:57:21

Additional function: add delay for main out or aux sends, adjustable in meters / inches.

by olimit on 2012-08-30 00:52:19

Yes, please: Delay for the main out and the auxes!!! That would really be great!

by Olyoly on 2012-08-30 01:13:12

After 6 gigs with the md20 here's my wishlist (beside the wishes of the other users):

1. Using the ipad app WITHOUT the mixer - at the moment you have to have a connection to the mixer, if you want to use the ipad app - there's no chance i.e. to make a new scene, change channel names, build a preset, make a setup and so on at home (and send it to the mixer at the next rehearsel / next gig).

For example: next saturday we will play with another band that will use our md20 (they will use our PA and I will do the mix). For I already know the setup of the band, the names of the members and so on, I would like to prepare the setup, scenes, names etc. at  home on the ipad and send it to the mixer later on - but that's not possible. At the moment, I have to go to our practicing room, arrange the mixer and so on.

2. Media player: no autoplay of "touched" files (or a way to switch it on/off): If there's a song running from the media player and you scroll through the files to find a special song, it maybe happen that just by touching the screen a bit too long, the recent song stops and the "accidentally touched" song starts immediately. I would like to have the function to chose a song and start it by hitting the play button. (Just as it is, when there is no song running.)

3. A good visible "sign" if global fx is on or off: while playing we have "reverb" on, while announcing I switch it off (with a footpedal). The problem is, that we have no reverb effect on the monitors - and you can't hear on stage if the reverb is on or off. So I would like to have i.e. a "blinking encoder", or a "blinking screen" or a "red screen" or ... to see if the fx is on or off. (At the moment we use a footpedal with a LED - but I swear, the battery will die at the wrong moment :-)).

Regards Roger

by Vettaville-nl on 2012-09-03 12:07:06

Ipad working without the mexier connected and possibilty to 'save' onto the ipad's memory, would indeed make much sens. It's useless without the mixer. Today I was able to get a''prescribed' wifi dongle (that wasn't easy, the linksys is already phased out, samsun'g and the other one, nowhere to be found in the Netherlands)... And the tutuorials inside the ipad ap are really pleasent to get aquinted.

regards

- Hans

by scottatjoy123 on 2012-11-08 05:14:31

In-ear monitors!  Would have been nice to have some kind of output, RJ45 , to run to an in-ear monitor controller like an Avion AR-16 similar to what yamaha has on their board.

by Ruben40 on 2012-11-14 06:45:27

sdcard 2GB recording limit

Please introduce spanning (recording is continued with a second wav file) or use two mono wav files for the Main-L+R recording instead of one stereo file.
This would double recording time, before stopping due to 2GB limit.

behaviour and feel of controller knobs at the ipad app

When the controller knob is touched by the finger tip, then a bigger linear fader should be displayed on the ipad.

Here you can make accurate changes and no big controller jumps as it is now.

Displaying the numeric value of the controller setting would make it possible to compare the settings before and after the modification.

by dreadlocks on 2012-11-24 04:40:25

So far I've three wishes for my M20d.

1.The ability to recall and use the M20d remote app without me needing to reconnect it everytime.  Currently this is the case, which makes it impossible for me to switch from my V Control Pro and back.  Which makes it impossible for me to work the way I want to in live situations - which was one of the reasons I was interested in the M20d

2.Touch display on hardware M20d to be as smooth as ipad app.The hardware works but the feel of realtime response is not as good as that of the app. (Yeah, I've taken off the plastic)

3, Usable, properly programmed low latency M20d driver - so I can record and playback with my Daw - the way I can with a lot of other Line 6 devices.   Latency is currently in excess of 500ms and  I am told the M20d is not designed to function as an audio interface.  Which is really strange to hear, considering it is functioning as such.  There's an M20d ASIO driver showing up in my DAW.  It IS working - just tht the latency sucks.

If line 6 fixes these, especially numbers 1 and 3 these cool product will be much more useful, practical and fun to work with. 

by scott93933 on 2012-11-24 19:35:08

I just got my M20D and discovered that each song we've recorded takes about .5GB with 12 tracks in use (so, about 40MB per track per song), but I haven't tried letting it record until it stops itself.

So is the 2GB limit per file or per recording, totalling the sizes of all files? In other words, if the limit is 2GB for each of the 16 .WAV files that are recorded, that's no problem for me. That will allow me to record our entire set when we play live, in one very long "song." If, however, the limit is 2GB for each song (so 12 tracks x 40GB per track = 480MB/song * 12 songs = 5.8GB), then that's going to limit us to 3-4 songs before we'll have to save and start another recording.

I'm hoping the 2GB limit is per track, not per song!

Thanks for your help!

Scott

by dboomer on 2012-11-24 21:05:17

"I'm hoping the 2GB limit is per track, not per song! "

Correct.  That should get you just north of 3 1/2 hours per file. ( it's a FAT32 lImitation)

by scott93933 on 2012-11-24 22:54:38

That's great news; thanks!

by scott93933 on 2012-11-26 12:39:06

I love my M20D! Here's my wish list:

1) Support for a two-button foot switch for cycling backward and forward through scenes.

2) Better control of playback. Currently, if you stop in the middle of listening to a recording, you have to start over from the beginning rather than being able to resume where you left off. So "Pause" would be good and so would the ability to drag the playback head to wherever I want it.

3) Built-in microphone feedback/ringing troubleshooter. This could begin with things like repositioning the mic and/or the PA speaker or monitor and then graduate to swapping mics and cables and then perhaps even end up with some deep tweeking that automagically senses the feedback/ring frequencies and reduces or removes them.

4) Limited automation, triggered by foot switch. For example, one problem that many musicians run into is playing a cover tune that fades out. We always end up coming up with a fixed ending, which can seem abrupt and change the feel of the song. Wouldn't it be cool if we could trigger a fade out (at a user-selectable speed) of all (or a user-selectable subset) of the tracks, using a foot switch?

5) The ability to connect a USB MIDI dongle to either of the M20D's USB ports and then for the M20D to accept program changes via MIDI from a POD (or any other MIDI controller) to affect Scene changes and possibly other changes as well, such as playing a file from the media card, beginning a recording, fading out or performing other automation, etc.

Looking forward to whatever the firmware update brings us!

by Octo777 on 2012-11-27 02:45:53

scott93933 wrote:

4) Limited automation, triggered by foot switch. For example, one problem that many musicians run into is playing a cover tune that fades out. We always end up coming up with a fixed ending, which can seem abrupt and change the feel of the song. Wouldn't it be cool if we could trigger a fade out (at a user-selectable speed) of all (or a user-selectable subset) of the tracks, using a foot switch?

A fade out is never really going to work unless you use digital drums and can also  automate your backline at the same time, because although the PA would fade out, the backline would keep on going at the same volume and the levels would cross over and if anything, it would sound far less professional than having a complete ending.....

by M-Jay on 2012-12-05 11:15:09

Hello members, this is one feature I hopefully want to be seen in the future:

As someone mentioned before I would like to record and playback at the same time with the ability of overdubbing or punch in/out a track.

As an example being a keyboard player you can record different versions to an existing recording without needing your other band members.

You could play your part live to the other tracks that come from the SD card (or thumb drive or stick), but while you are playing you are not in the listener's position.

This could help you and your band listening together to diffferent takes to find out what fits best and this would improve overall performance.

I know this second recording might have to fit in start position or length to that what was recorded before to keep all tracks time-aligned,

but if you record starting for example 4 bars before the part you want to try different things on this could be a powerful solution depending on your workflow.

Your workflow may be diffferent, but this is how I want to work with a standalone solution without the need of a computer.

Thanks and take care, M-Jay

by rudarel on 2012-12-10 05:35:44

Not wish but a must:  LINEAR FADERS...!! in iPad App.

Faders to turn linear when double tap, make your adjusment and double tap

To go back to round, for space convenience.

by scott93933 on 2012-12-12 17:56:09

We do use digital drums, so I think this would work very well for us.

by tochiro on 2012-12-19 23:56:18

Here are my wishes:

- Presets for the comps, limiters, and EQs (for instance EQ for a Martin dreadnaught acoustic guitar, etc.)

- Being able to delete, move a recording on the SD card

- Being able to playback a recording on the SD card from a certain point and not necessarily always from the beginning

- Being able to playback a recording loud with all the inputs muted to avoid feedback

Cheers

by lucasbm on 2012-12-20 18:01:03

I wish full multi-track recorder capabilites: loop, simultaneous play an record, etc

by tochiro on 2012-12-23 01:22:24

hi,

When I playback a recording from the SD card I cannot see the name of the recording anywhere so I don't know which recording it is.  Also the order of the recordings changes on the SD card when I choose one or the other to playback.

Cheers

by dazbec on 2013-01-01 22:01:07

I would like to see some permissions in the iPad app, like how presonus do it with their studio live. I've got two guys in the band who are duds when it comes to technology, and are constantly stuffing up the mix because they end up in the wrong area on the iPad. Also, an iPhone app just like the presonus would be great too. I love my m20d, but as far as apps go, you are dragging the chain. Please see what you can do in this area.

by altonabeach on 2013-01-22 03:28:41

ability to integrate some guitar amp SIM  sa presets

by neonjohn on 2013-02-05 09:02:46

A toggle in the Media Player for it to "Stop After Song," cueing up the following track like a cueing machine.

For those of us using backing tracks this would be very helpful. Seems like it would be a minor software addition, but greatly increase its usefulness.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.