These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

DT50 Head
by michaedr on 2012-08-17 06:00:12

I am considering buying the DT50 head and cabinet.  I have a HD500 and the interaction between the two units seems pretty cool, but I've never had a chance to try it for myself.  None of the location guitar shops stock this unit.  The only reservation that I have is changing patches.  I've read that there is some significant noise while changing patches if the topology changes.  I would plan to use the unit gigging and a large amount of clicking or whatever the noise is concerns me.  I switch between clean and heavy tones quite a bit with our current set list. 

Can anyone that has this setup give me an idea of the amount of noise involved here or is there a noticeable pause switching patches?  I basically just need to know if the level of noise is acceptable or not for live situations. 

Thanks!

Re: DT50 Head
by hollis1003 on 2012-08-17 09:53:51

I don't think you will notice.  If I have time between my meetings today I will be glad to make a video and try to show you so you can decide for yourself.  I am in the Clearwater, FL area and I would not mind letting you trying out my rig if you live nearby.  You may want to consider asking others on this forum. 

by TheRealZap on 2012-08-17 10:05:29

keep in mind you can also set your amps to use the same topology anyway....  just changing out the preamp and related tone settings gives you plenty of room to go from dirty to clean.

by hollis1003 on 2012-08-17 11:06:00

Here is a video I uploaded.  This should give you all the information you require.  Let me know if you have any questions.

http://youtu.be/7hcqTO7pDHw

by michaedr on 2012-08-17 14:51:49

Thanks hollis for the video!  That really makes me feel better about ordering the unit without trying it first.  I couldn't really hear any noise while you switch topologies.  There was a slight pause when going from A to A/B, but like you I'll probably not be doing too much of that.  Thanks again.  You really eased the only concern that I had.  Line 6 owes you a commission!

by michaedr on 2012-08-29 05:07:51

Got the amp two days ago and it sounds great.  I ended up getting the 2x12 instead of the head and cabinet though.  The cabinet wouldn't fit in my car so I had to sacrifice.  No issues switching patches.  Thanks again.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.