These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport UX2, M-Audio Firewire 1814... can't get digital audio as input
by monsterbaldy on 2012-08-17 21:57:16

Problem: I can't get any digital audio going from my Toneport UX2 to my Firewire 1814. I can see that the toneport is successfully outputting sound via the USB, but no way for me to verify it is also sending out on the digital. The toneport I can't get ANY meters going for the SPDIF input using the "Mixer" tab of M-audio FW control panel. My setup used to work perfectly. I hadn't used it at all in the last 5 months, came back to it today and it was working but digital signal had some scratch to it like it was out of sync. I tried selecting different clocks and could never get it back, not even the scratchy signal. No idea what i screwed up.

Physical setup: The guitar is hooked up to the toneport. The toneport coax digital out is hooked up with a digital coax cable going into the SPDIF IN on the Firewire 1814 harness.

Software Setup: I have the latest drivers for both apps. Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help? I have no idea what to do, so frustrating.

Re: Toneport UX2, M-Audio Firewire 1814... can't get digital audio as input
by monsterbaldy on 2012-08-17 23:28:29

Fixed my own problem.

I was reading about firewire ports, and it turns out any motherboard integrated firewire port is probably sub par as it has to compete on the southbridge. Plugged in an old sound card with a firewire port and spdif signal immediately synced and worked with no other changes.

-ben

Re: Toneport UX2, M-Audio Firewire 1814... can't get digital audio as input
by Mavril on 2012-08-20 09:18:08

Good to hear Ben, glad you posted the result too. If you hunt around there are a few Mboards that don'tuse the same architecture through the southbridge. Not as many Firewire cards as there used to be but some of those devices had preamps and A/D converters too good to give up on yet...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.