These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

PodFarm 2.5 Free Evaluation and Recording To GarageBand
by breichow on 2012-08-19 14:23:21

Hello,

I'm evaluating the PodFarm 2.5 software (free evaluation version) and can't get it to pass through to GarageBand. I'm running my guitar into a Zoom R8 into my MacBook, from there it's PodFarm and GarageBand. I can't seem to find any audio drivers in the system ot GarageBand prefs for any Line6 equipment though. From the boards it looks like I need a driver, but everything I've downloaded hasn't installed anything usable or visable in GarageBand or anywhere else.

I have tried Podfarm 2.5, GearBox, License Monkey, the driver pack from the support site, but nothing seems to work. Is this because I'm running the evaluation version? Before I drop $300 on a program I like to know it all works and so far the not being able to record part is kind of annoying. I'm certain it's something simple I missed so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it and you'll probably have a sale!

Re: PodFarm 2.5 Free Evaluation and Recording To GarageBand
by silverhead on 2012-08-19 15:06:48

For recording purposes you should be using Pod Farm as a plugin within Garageband. Is that what you are doing? If you are using Pod Farm as a standalone application you likely won't be able to record at the same time.

by breichow on 2012-08-19 15:38:49

I'm guessing I'm using it in standalone. I can't seem to figure out the plug-in portion of it. FYI- I did just buy the standard version which I thought contained the plug-ins, though. It's authorized, but still nothing looking like what I'd expect to see in the GarageBand prefs for audio.

by breichow on 2012-08-19 16:22:54

I reinstalled after purchasing and now the plugins are showing up in the /Library folder. Looks like its almost working now- just a few bugs to work out. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.